Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Servicing In Edinburgh

JayR T Sport

Hi Folks

the Auris is getting close to needing a service, I was going to book it into western toyota at Cameron Toll in Edinburgh.

I wanted to get some views on anyone that has had any experience with them, good, bad or indifferrent.

My previous cars where serviced by a private garage but I thought I'd give a main dealer ago as its been serviced via main dealer since new and wanted to keep this the same so any potential head gasket issues will be covered in the future.

thanks in advance

Sighthill Toyota, which I think has moved to Ratho has been reasonable, but not really impressed with Cameron Toll.

I too have always been happy with Sighthill (now @Newbridge).

My experience with Bentleys Toyota in Warrington and Johnsons Toyota in Liverpool is this.

They will lie to you, they will treat you like a fool, they will give you a load of bull ****, they will use the wrong oil, 5W-30 instead of 0W-20 and tell you the latter is just for the Hybrid.

I was told that the oil leak on my yaris was just a bit of residue on the drain plug, this residue was leaking 20 drips overnight and it took them all about 4 hours to fix it; they won't change the Battery in the remote even though you are paying for it in the 20 000 mile service, i put a new cabin filter in the day before the service but then they tried to charge me £31 for a new filter, when i asked why they would throw away an obviously brand new filter the service manager said they would not throw it away, in other words they never changed the filter or even checked it, more lies.

They will try and sell you an "engine flush" do not fall for that one because it's just a rip off idea from the good ol USA, look for it on youtube and see the problems it causes.

They made the mistake of treating me as someone who knew nothing about cars, i know how they work and why they work, how they go together and come apart, so if you know nothing about cars you will probably be pleased with the service you get.

Toyota are great cars, i love my Auris, shame about the dealers!

sorry to hear about your experiences in the NW of England but they aren't necessarily relevant to Edinburgh are they?

There are good Toyota dealers as well as bad & imo Western Toyota Sighthill are 1 of the good ones (hence why I drive past multiple Toyota dealers to have my car serviced there rather than nearer).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links