Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Custom Made Cd Player Cage?

atikali2000

Hi guys,

This week, I had the misfortune of having my Corolla broken into. All they took was the motorised screen (which to be honest is rendered useless unless they have an AV masterbox). Just wedged it out with brute force bending and deofrming the cage and fittings.

However, I am looking into replacing it with another screen and would like to make sure that my new screen is fitted in securely. The fittings that were/is still in place is made of plastic and has been bent and scratched and deformed beyond all recognition.

Anyway, what I am asking is if anyone know where/if I can get a fitting kit made of all steel. Obviously steel is stronger than plastic and it means that I can securely bolt my system into the dash. I know the standard CD player came bolted in on a steel frame which was double din size. I require a single din size frame. Also, I would still like to keep the dash coloured plastic fascia panel in place as a steel fascia would look out of place in my T3. I just require the hidden frame to be structurally sound.

If anyone has one or knows how to get one or can help, please email me on atikali2000@yahoo.co.uk or post a reply to this topic.

Thanks. Atik

UPDATE:

I have just fixed in my temporary CD player with the existing plastic fittings. To secure it, I drilled 4 holes into the plastic and screwed the unit into place. I now have as secure a CD player as I could get with plastic fittings. To get this one out, the b :censor: ds will have to undo the dash, remove 4 bolts and then 4 screws, all while a Cat.1 twin siren alarm is going off!

I would recommend to everyone that you do similar when fitting aftermarket units. Dont just rely on cages. I learnt that the hard way. If possible, get metal fittings and bolt your unit into place.

I have just asked a metal worker/welding expert if he can make me a set of fittings, and he asked for a template. So sometime this week, I plan to remove the CD player again, and give him the fittings so he can have a look.

Hi Atik

Shame about your car got broken into...

For where i work at, the area just the same, i keep having to look out for my car a few times a night, just to make sure it's still there...

I know what you mean about the H/U, it can be easily pulled away if needed to be, with very little to stop it coming out..

I'm looking into how to secure my H/U, more securley than what it already is, it just doesnt look strong enough to stay there..

Let us know what you do, and pics could be helpful for us Rolla drivers..

Hope you get it sorted out..

Bing

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links