Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Stereo

Gazzasfire

Hi all, I've just got my new aygo fire which is great fun the only problem is the stereo is rubbish. I changed the head unit to a new Sony but the sound quality is still pretty rubbish, all four Speakers are in the front, I think cars I had 10 years ago had better stereos than this.

Yep, the stereo is pants, thinking of getting a new head unit and Speakers for my fire.

Easy to change the head unit to something more capable. Also on the Fire the rear fader isn't connected to anything so it gives you the possibility of adding extra Speakers to the car and doubling up on power output and increasing the amount of air you can shift. I've replaced the head unit, added some 6x9's to the parcel shelf and left the stock Speakers in situ and it sounds awesome :D

I had a sub fitted under the passenger seat. It makes a huge difference and I am now really pleased with the audio system.

The sub is a Fusion CP-AS1080 and it cost me £210 fitted. They did a fantastic job, so neat. There is a bass adjuster which they fitted beneath the red air-bag deactivator to the tight of the steering wheel.

I agree. Sub or 6x9's is all it takes to vastly improve the sound. The latest models have a fairly decent mid to high frequency setup so all you really need is something to handle the bottom end. I'm so pleased with the sound I'm not even going to bother attempting to replace the dash or door Speakers in the front and I'm leaving them stock. Oh yeah, and a new head unit works wonders!

:D

• 2 months later...

I think the standard stereo in the Aygo is absolutely Gr..Crap.

I have replaced every speaker and added 2 x Active subs under each seat.

I have a set of Alpine Component Speakers with the tweeters installed and the dashboard set replaced.

Just about to start installing my 6x9s in the parcel shelf and that's a wrap.. the 6x9s are amplified too.

HEHE!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links