Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello

poppydog

Hi, I'm new to this site although I've driven Toyota's for several years now. I found the site because I was looking for advice after a horrible experience on a single track, very windy road. I was coming down the hill and met a car coming up - no passing places and he wouldn't budge so I had to reverse for about half a mile (maybe more) back up the hill. I ended up nearly in tears (typical female!!!) with smoke billowing out all over the place and a disgusting smell - I'm very worried about my clutch! After all that the cheeky so and so said "well done - eventually" - I just wanted to throttle him!

Hello and welcome in to the TOC Helen, it may have been the clutch, although the car may have been getting hot due to going backwards for such a long time. Does the clutch slip, if it doesn't then it maybe worth having the coolant level checked ?

If you are a Toyota lover this site really fits to you. Welcome aboard!

HI Helen and welcome to the club.

Welcome Helen :)

Unfortunately you do get people quite often who don't know the meaning of courtesy or compromise on the roads. With a bit of luck, that 'burning' smell will fade away.

Thank you everyone. I've spoken to the mechanic who has always looked after my cars. He hasn't seen it yet but thinks I've boiled the fluid. He will check it but said I should be ok as long as it isn't slipping. Paul - thanks, I will also ask him to check the coolant level.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links