Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Excel vs Premiere Edition

ninanina

I am trying to figure out exactly what extra the Premiere Edition has, apart from the 130hp engine, over the Excel version 

Pretty sure it will be a choice between those two now the Honda Jazz is off the list 

49 minutes ago, ninanina said:

I am trying to figure out exactly what extra the Premiere Edition has, apart from the 130hp engine, over the Excel version 

Pretty sure it will be a choice between those two now the Honda Jazz is off the list 

They are both the same car the Premier edition may have a couple of extra toys eg hud, it shaves half a second off the 0-60 time but there is not enough of a difference to persuade me to fork out all of that hard earned extra money. If I was going to fork out extra money I would want extra size and room such as in the Yaris Cross. 

• Like 1

I do like the HUD feature 

From what I understand there are also 8 Speakers in the Premiere vs 6 in the Excel but that’s not important to me 

Sorry for all the questions 😬

Can anyone confirm that the engine in the Yaris is chain driven rather than a belt?

I have got used to having no belts in my Prius so less to go wrong or have to worry about 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ninanina said:

130 hp engine (vs 115), bi metallic paint, HUD, JBL + 8 Speakers, different wheels, diff colored stitching on the seats 🙂 .....looks quite pricey for the c £2k list price difference if you arent fussed about the engine

• Like 2

Premiere has a contrasting black roof.

With global warming a white roof would be more practical.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninanina said:

Sorry for all the questions 😬

No problem

Can anyone confirm that the engine in the Yaris is chain driven rather than a belt?

I'm going to assume you are referring to the timing chain. I think I am right in saying that Toyota has not produced an engine using a timing belt for over 30 years...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CPN said:

No problem

I'm going to assume you are referring to the timing chain. I think I am right in saying that Toyota has not produced an engine using a timing belt for over 30 years...

That’s very good to know 

Has anyone driven both the 130hp and the 115hp how do they compare?

Thanks again all you’ve been a real help to me 

10 hours ago, ninanina said:

Has anyone driven both the 130hp and the 115hp how do they compare?

Thanks again all you’ve been a real help to me 

Think you need to read this thread from @CPN who has gone from a 115 hp Launch to a 130 hp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That’s great I will take a look 

That’s great I will take a look 

The best way that I can sum it up Beverly, is that I can definitely feel that there is more torque available under my right foot than there was with the 115. It is a lot more "eager" and the regen braking is more intense also which makes sense. (if you increase the toque of MG2, it follows that in generator mode, it will offer more resistance)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CPN said:

The best way that I can sum it up Beverly, is that I can definitely feel that there is more torque available under my right foot than there was with the 115. It is a lot more "eager" and the regen braking is more intense also which makes sense. (if you increase the toque of MG2, it follows that in generator mode, it will offer more resistance)

Thanks CPN that’s very helpful 

• Thanks 2

The Premier is worthwhile for the engine, HUD, heated seats, JBL... unless you dislike the wheels and colours, which was my case. I went for the Excel in Decuma Grey, looks lovely. Did not like any of the Premier colours. I also liked the alloys in the Excel better.

I’m really not too worried about the alloys but the engine, HUD, JBL and heated seats (didn’t realise it had those) would be nice and the colours are ok except the blue…. nothing against CPN but I’m just not a huge fan of it but the silver looks nice 

• Like 1

I neglected hud in my reply which is really good and useful. I blame other half as she won't let me drive it! 

Just to note UK premiere does NOT have heated seats but does have lumbar adjustment on the drivers seat. 

OH has silver metallic bitone which looks really nice. Blue is nice but saw one in the sun the other day and it is a bit bright. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the advice 

Does anyone know how long the lead time is when ordering?

Just ordered a Premier Edition to replace my RAV4, my head said Design, my heart said Excel - and the little devil on my shoulder said Premier. I could only test drive a 23MY Design as my local dealers don't have any updated models available to try yet. I found the Premier seats more comfortable than those of the Design and I do like the extra toys - it does have heated seats and, for me more importantly, heated steering wheel. The only omission is matrix headlights that I would have liked. Ultimately the extra cost of the Premier over the Excel wasn't too much and I decided to treat myself. 

Expected delivery is August, tbc. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ColinB said:

Just ordered a Premier Edition to replace my RAV4, my head said Design, my heart said Excel - and the little devil on my shoulder said Premier. I could only test drive a 23MY Design as my local dealers don't have any updated models available to try yet. I found the Premier seats more comfortable than those of the Design and I do like the extra toys - it does have heated seats and, for me more importantly, heated steering wheel. The only omission is matrix headlights that I would have liked. Ultimately the extra cost of the Premier over the Excel wasn't too much and I decided to treat myself. 

Expected delivery is August, tbc. 

Does the Excel/Premiere have heated mirrors and a button to direct heat just to the windscreen?  

The essentials for me would be Sat Nav, LED headlights with auto dip main beam, keyless entry with auto fold mirrors and blind spot monitors. I already know that the Yaris in most specs has all the safety features that I’d need 

37 minutes ago, ninanina said:

Does the Excel/Premiere have heated mirrors and a button to direct heat just to the windscreen?  

Yes & Yes

• Like 1

Just now, CPN said:

Yes & Yes

Super thanks so much CPN

3 hours ago, trashman1965 said:

I neglected hud in my reply which is really good and useful. I blame other half as she won't let me drive it! 

Just to note UK premiere does NOT have heated seats but does have lumbar adjustment on the drivers seat. 

OH has silver metallic bitone which looks really nice. Blue is nice but saw one in the sun the other day and it is a bit bright. 

Unless Toyota have dropped heated seats on the brand new Premiere Edition (which I doubt), I'm pretty sure it will have heated seats, just like all previous UK Premiere Editions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

Unless Toyota have dropped heated seats on the brand new Premiere Edition (which I doubt), I'm pretty sure it will have heated seats, just like all previous UK Premiere Editions.

The UK Premiere Edition does not have heated seats.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, CPN said:

The UK Premiere Edition does not have heated seats.

Sorry, I assume you must be talking about the brand new 24 premiere edition then, because I'm sitting in my 21 plate Yaris Cross Premiere Edition and looking at the heated seats switch and yes mine also has the lumber option on the driver's seat.  Surprised Toyota have dropped heated seats on the top level trim !!

27 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

Sorry, I assume you must be talking about the brand new 24 premiere edition then, because I'm sitting in my 21 plate Yaris Cross Premiere Edition and looking at the heated seats switch and yes mine also has the lumber option on the driver's seat.  Surprised Toyota have dropped heated seats on the top level trim !!

Cross and non cross have different specs/equipment. As far as I know we are talking regular Yaris premiere UK spec, which does not have heated seats or steering wheel. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links