Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clear Front Lights

MissMR2

Hey every1 its my first time here :)

I have just fitted a set of these from upauto onto my 2 (thats me car on the website in fact) and i can safly say they look the mutts.... sure they need a bit of modifying before you can install them legally but its worth it and the effect is great.

helloo and welcome. :)

cool, well if everyone thinks these ones are oki i mite go for those ones then,

aslong as they look good im not bothered.

but, whatever is involved in modifying them i mite have to get someone

else to do. :unsure:

x

The modifying and how easy you find it depends on how experienced you are with a drill really (i dont get on with that sort of thing to well so was a bit of a joke really :blink: ) but the instructions on how to do it are on the imoc website...

here is the page : www.imoc.co.uk/technical/howto/clearamericanlenses.htm

Also i think what this page fails to say is that you must remove the screw and clip off the side of your old lamp and tranfer it to the new ones (or maybe i was so excited to get me new lights i missed it). Otherwise they lights wont clip into place properly.

hope this helps :)

...Just ordered them and am collecting them tomorrow!

slightly over £49 quid - awsome.

So can anyone point me in the right direction for the correct bulbs i now need to buy please?

Thanks

Adam

cool thanks mr roadkill. :thumbsup:

tho still think ill just take them somewhere and get someone to do it for me. :D

think may have to get them ordered now.

Right, ive just fitted the *****s!

They werent as easy as the diagram makes out and the fit isnt perfect. The smaller end bit of the two sections doesnt 'lock' in securely enough for my liking....gonna have to work on that. Looks very very nice tho.

(the chinese man at upauto said there was another lad from Ilkeston/Derby way who bought some stuff of him recently ((Dave???- make yourself known!)))

I went to Halfrauds to see about getting some orange indicator bulbs - the only ones they stock have the offset pins to screw the light into place - so no good.

I had to buy some orange/yellow bulb paint instead so will apply this tomorrow.

I have just seen these tho on e-bay - any comments???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...&category=28644

Down here ( Manchester ) they sell for about £ 5 each my mate as them and I must say that in day time they are pants when it is sunny you can just see them :censor:

I went to Halfrauds to see about getting some orange indicator bulbs - the only ones they stock have the offset pins to screw the light into place - so no good.

If you file one of the pins off they fit fine.

If you file one of the pins off they fit fine.

but then it aint secure fit is it?

I remember when i bought some clear indicators for my 5th gen celica... the bulb pins like you said were off set.. and not semetrical... and could not find the same type here so i had to use the old bulb and socket and had to fit them into the new clear surround... was a !Removed! to sort but it was worth it in the end...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links