Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lining My Pockets

Has anyone given any thought -or even done this already- to lining the rattly plastic door bins with felt or something? Something that will help stop stuff sliding around in them and be non-rattly? I have been looking at felt for this very purpose, however, the sticky down part is plag, plaugi, bothering me. I plan on using black felt and for once cost isn't an issue as it's cheap. My issue is the thickness of the felt, or other material. I don't want anything too thick as it will eat into the room in the door bins, which I think are quite adequate for the job. I would also be placing a circle of felt in the central cup holder and I want it to look professional -which I guess is down to me. Any help or ideas welcome.

:g:

I had thought about a circle of felt in the cup holder but not the door pockets.

I use the cup holder as somewhere to put the keys when I'm in the car so would like a way to stop them rattling so much.

You can also get flocking kits or get someone to flock them for you. You spray or paint on a glue, sprinkle with flock material then shake off the excess. No idea how it would look though as never tried it and it is kind of permanent so once you do it, pray it works!

Alcantara's a good idea, I have a big roll of that at home in dark grey ready to make a roof lining on my kit car, I'll get around to that job one day.....

Craig.

This is a good idea as my sunglasses always rattle in there. I bought a cheap leather storage holder that fits very snug from IKEA. It needs modified to fit and cut into shape but when I have time to properly do it I shall post a pic up. It was near perfect but I toke it back out as wasn't up to my standard.

Something with compartments would work good as the door bins are a good size.

A roll of the Black non slip rubbery stuff you get in Motor Factors,

usually about £6- £7 for a meter by 0.5 meter. (tool box liner)

Cheaper in the £1 or £1.99 shop obviously but sometimes harder to get in Black, which is fine if you want grey.

On the dash for sitting glasses on i stick it down with some proper double sided tape or patches of Number Plate double sided.

B&Q, Wickes etc will have it, or probably any Hard Wear or Houshold shop.

To line the Door Storage pockets, Double sided hemming tape. (non Iron) or similar might do the job OK.

or some 'Multiuse rubberised glue', around the edges.

maybe Puncture repair vulcanising. Might be easy enough to remove in the future,

if it does not stain.

or a light 'Spray Tack' glue for Art Work, Graphics, pictures.

george

Well thanks for all the suggestions, appreciate your ideas. It has given me some more ideas for lining the door pockets. With some sort of rubber or other -felt- covering the items in there should come out easy enough. As for Alcantara it sounds good, but isn't it expensive? Fine for your kit car roof lining, that would make it so much better eh? Wouldn't it have a soundproofing effect too?

I have a glasses holder, sort of. I use clip on (from Boots) sun shades for my glasses and have the container they came in. Also a hand held plastic mirror I need as at some awkwad junctions I can't turn my head enough to see safely, so use the mirror + a few other bits and pieces in the door pocket. Usually I jam them in so they aren't rattling about, but when you take something out, the plan fails.

Big question here, does anyone else call the door pocket a 'docket?' My wife insists on calling it the docket.

:crazy:

Never heard it called that just know a docket as a piece of paper or card used as an information sheet to accompany goods or for booking in or out. Oh and Tommy Docherty oh and of course Pete Docherty.. You could of course pump up the volume. Ha Ha

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links