Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Odometer Fraud?

PBoy227

K, So I was digging through the stuff in the glove box of my celica from the previous owners.

I find a few invoices from various garages around town.

So, on 4/2/2001 the car had vavles resurfaced, all new gaskets, oil filter, new coolant, new plugs and wires. (and some other small things I can't remember)

Anyway, the car had the emissions test on 2/2/2002 passed with flying colors (almost too suspicious). The odometer reading at emissions was 175k.

2 years later I buy the car and the odometer read 177,xxx.

The car was smoking, knocking, car was just about out of oil, oil filter said "Nov, 99", 3rd gear girnds and 2nd gear had to be held in.

I figured "What do you expect for $700"

Well, 2000 miles later (180K) and I found these papers.

Does anything sound wrong to you guys?

Does anything sound wrong...?

Ummmm....

Yeah maybe I might be a little sus. Did the mechanic put the sump plug in before filling with oil!!!! Are you sure that the prev. owner didn't have two celicas??? Toyotas generally run for a fairly long time before you have to look at major work. On the other hand a car sitting for a couple of years isn't goin to make it the best runner either. The oil will have drained right out of the components (hence smoking and rough running) Your gearbox is obviously stuffed but as you said for $700 why not. If you spent another $700 fixing it, its still not a bad deal.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links