Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

18's On A Mr2

Jimlad

On saterday some c**t slashed my tyre lucky I had 14" wheels coz if they were 18" id be looking at £120 for a new tyre :P

thats the only problem I can think of that hasnt come up b4.

bagsy ur old 1's

You would have to have exceptionally thin tyres to keep the rolling radius the same, if you increase this, the handling will be different (i.e. quite possibly worse) the speedo will read incorrectly etc. QAs a copnsequence of thinner tyres, the ride would be very harsh, and you may well find the car handles unpredictably on uneaven surfaces.

I drove a friends REV1 tubby a few weeks ago that had 18" on it and to be honest it drove pretty well.... i dont know what suspension was in her but it was pretty smooth, handled well and wasnt too bouncy over bumps at all...

Rash

with all the niggles and problems it would look damn cool!

Hello.

rikkicar.jpg

205/35/18's

Soon to be replaced on the back with 205/40's at least as there is more room back there, up front anything larger (tyre wise) hits off the bottom cup of the strut - as proved by me 2 weeks ago when attempting bigger tyres.

rikkicar2.jpg

more

rikkicar3.jpg

pics

LOL

You may find they'll bog you down a bit off the start line... certainly if you've got that lightweight flywheel! ;) (sorry... didn't want to start all that again) :D

Everyone moans about the handling on wheels over 15inch.. imagine driving on 18's.

Seeing as we are old mates.. can I have your 17's at a discount?

I'll give you your old microwave back.

Wouldnt be jim if he didnt go that extra expense compared to the rest of us now would it?

Jim i say try and get some 19's one there. They'l be different for sure and ur bound to get magazine recognition!

-Z

thats a decent setup. still knowin jim he'll prolly tear thru his rear tyres. is gonna be hella expensive in the long run...

-Z

Edit:

Thinking about it, like jim cares bout money!

i know weve done the whole "what job do u do" before, but being the lazy git i am, i just wanna know again jim,....

what do u do?, why are u loaded? :lol:

he's a !Removed! P.I.M.P / granny-mugger / bank-robber / erm what else was there ?

Hence he has buckets of ca$h.

-Z

going to 205s on the back ??? i take you only want your 2 to donut :eek: little stock tyres are 225? isn't smaller a down grade???

That green 2 thats in all the modding mags has 19" wheels so can be done he does have airbag sus tho

would they fit without any funky suspension/arch work ?

no chance - you'd need coilovers - 18s on mine are tight - 215/25 18s...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links