Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Funeral Procession Stops At Burger King For One Last Meal

Raistlin

The family of a World War II veteran and life-long fan of fast food arranged for his hearse to make an usual stop during his funeral procession – at a Burger King drive-through.

Friends and family of David Kime organised a trip to his favourite Burger King restaurant in Pennsylvania during the hearse’s journey to the cemetery.

Upon reaching the drive-through, each mourner picked up a Whopper Jr burger.

Mr Kime even got one, with the Whopper, apparently one of his favourites, placed on his coffin in the cemetery.

ay_102341553.jpg?w=650#038;h=610

The manager of the Burger King passes out a Whopper Jr to a mourner

Commenting on the unusual funeral, his daughter Linda Phiel said: ‘He lived a wonderful life and on his own terms.’

Ms Phiel said her father, who passed away on January 20 aged 88, had eaten what he wanted after his wife Grace died 25 years ago.

‘My mother kind of kept him in check. When she died, for a while, he would eat with us. But he considered us health freaks because we ate things that were green, like broccoli,’

ay_102356348.jpg?w=650#038;h=789

Linda Phiel places a Whopper Jr on her father’s coffin

Despite being a borderline diabetic and having a pacemaker fitted, Ms Phiel told the York Daily Record her father had refused to change his diet, telling her: ‘I won’t live longer, it will just seem like it because I’ll be more miserable faster.’

Mr Kime was apparently ‘not prejudiced’ when it came to fast food and would go to any type of restaurant he was invited to.

The manager of the Pennsylvania Burger King said she was pleased he had remained a loyal customer.

‘It’s nice to know he was a loyal customer up until the end – the very end,’ Margaret Hess said.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links