Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Clutch Life 1.0 Yr 2010 Manual

bobkneale

The transmission may be a similar design as the Aygo, 107 and the C1 but I seriously doubt they are exactly the same.

The Aygo, 107 and C1 are made in the Czech republic whereas all iQ's are built in Japan. I can't imagine they build transmissions, clutches, flywheels Etc in Japan then ship them all the way to the Czech republic for assembly, Surely the Aygo items are locally made and therefore keeping costs down. I guess that's the reason the bigger Aygo is cheaper than the iQ, less shipping costs (Coupled with a lower specification and cheaper materials)

Similar design perhaps but probably not the same moulds, materials, quality, used?

Craig.

Dear Craig,

I heard that the engine of those little 4 doors, is the same as in our iQ... But built in Tjech or thereabout... specs are less and the engine seems to have more flaws ... Maybe the measurements are less accurate than the cars out of Japan...

Peter

The Aygo/C1/107 are built by the joint venture Toyota Peugeot Citroen Automobiles (TPCA) in the Czech Republic, and the engines are built by Toyota Motor Manufacturing Poland. The 1.0 litre engines (1KE-FR) are the same as in the Yaris and IQ.

• 2 years later...

I've just stumbled on this old thread as our little 2009 1.0 iq2 is suffering from resination and vibration between 1800-2200 rpm, we are coming round to the fact that it is probably clutch related, anyway from my experience the Aygo/Peugeot 107/Citroen C1 clutch issues are caused by those cars being fitted with a clutch cable (whereas the IQ has a hydraulic clutch system) and clutch pedal having a height stop, if the clutch pedal freeplay isn't checked regularly (at least at every service) as the clutch wears the freeplay disappears causing the release bearing to hold excess pressure on the clutch cover causing premature wear to the release bearing, cover and centre plate, I believe if this freeplay is checked regularly even the smaller clutch would last fine.

The IQ's more expensive hydraulic system is self adjusting so shouldn't suffer the same problems.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links