Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Programming A Vx Amazon Remote Key. Help!

amazonpete

Afternoon everyone.

Ok, this one should test the old brain matter.

2001 VX Amazon 4.2TD 50th Anniversary edition.

Ive only got the one key, and when i purchased the car, the little red light on the key didnt light up when i pressed the 'lock or unlock' button.

Went to Toyota and they fitted me a new Battery FOC!!! I KNOW, I KNOW, EVEN I COULDNT BELIEVE IT!! Well done Toyota Mansfield.

Anyways, the red light now illuminates when lock or unlock is pressed, but the car does not lock or unlock from the key. I still have to lock it by turning the key in the lock itself. Central Locking works perfectly. Car starts perfectly.

I have looked around on the internet and there are so many variations on 'how to re-programme a toyota key' and i have tried a couple of them to no avail. Not sure it it needs re-programming or re-synching?????????

So, question is: Can anyone tell me, for sure, the correct procedure? or at least point me in the right direction please?

Thanks Gurus!

Pete

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links