Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gas/boot Struts Problem & How To Change Sound Of Car?

sirnoob

Hi there it's my first post and okay yeah, i bought my gen7 celica, the 140 vvti model, a few months back and it's been great, only problem is my boot struts just dont work, and the boot weighs and absolute tonne, i think what's happened to them is they've had to much sun on them over time so the gas has leaked out and now i've got this problem.

anyway my neighbour also owned the same gen celica as me before and he told me thats a general celica problem (unsure if he's right), and there's not point getting them replaced as his needed changing every few months it was that bad.

Basically i was wondering whether he's right and there is any point in changing them? if so where could i get them cheap (i think i'm looking at £150~ otherwise) and finally is there a way of protecting them from not working so fast?

thanks for any replies

sam.

You can either get in touch with "shocks" on celica-club.co.uk who is running a group-buy, or alternatively, contact the supplier direct.

Jon Leason

Kent Gas Springs

01634 819651

Many owners have this problem because a spoiler has been retro fitted, without uprating the hatch struts. Uprated struts will solve your problem for a few years :)

You can either get in touch with "shocks" on celica-club.co.uk who is running a group-buy, or alternatively, contact the supplier direct.

Jon Leason

Kent Gas Springs

01634 819651

Many owners have this problem because a spoiler has been retro fitted, without uprating the hatch struts. Uprated struts will solve your problem for a few years :)

ah thank you i didn't realise there was different types of struts for the car, how do i know which are the better struts for the car now then? i've been looking everywhere and the only ones i can find dont even seem to fit the car :)

If you ask for the heavy duty struts, these will be roughly equivalent to the genuine Toyota ones, which are marked "SP"..presumably an abbreviation for Spoiler.

If you PM shocks on the other Forum, he will know exactly what you mean :)

If you ask for the heavy duty struts, these will be roughly equivalent to the genuine Toyota ones, which are marked "SP"..presumably an abbreviation for Spoiler.

If you PM shocks on the other Forum, he will know exactly what you mean :)

ah okay thanks for the help :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links