Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Headunit...well happy

coke_corolla

just fitted my new head unit...

sony CDX-M630

looks the dogs and sounds plus its as safe as houses...ever seen how much dash you have to take out to get to the stereo on a corolla cos you cant slip them out the front..plus ive blotted it in...

To bad Mr C. Strereo thief..:D

im on the case of something like that..but only being 18 my insurace takes the p**s even though i did pass plus...so getting the money together is tough.. but ill get there in the end.

:( Wish I could change my stereo, it's so old an 8-track would be better! I'd like a Sony double-DIN unit

pass plus? what's that?

pass plus....when you first pass your driving test (like me) you can do an advanced driving course called pass plus...its basically 6 driving lessons on motorway and crap wheather and at the end of it you get a certificate......some insurance companies will accept the certificate and give you 1 years no claims off your premium.......saved me nearly £700.

I paid 850 quid so far for the set up.. yestrday bought the remote at 25 quid

All i need now is the changer at 200 quid.. that it then.. no more!

i think carl heard it! I am impressed with it.. suits me sweet.

cooool...mines got a remote too..thinkin about gettin one of those rotary ones that got by the indicator stalks aswell..cos the one i got is abit fiddley when you're drivin...

check it out i even used the right you're and not your...hahaha

coke, which corrolla do you have? The only downside that i found with doing pass plus, is that your pass plus certificate gives you your first years no claims, but when you take your second years insurance, the pass plus is no longer valid, so you continue on only one years no claims instead of two - it still saves you money, just a shame they dont give you two years no claims for your second year.

Steve.

ohh really....well thats ****** me off.i was well lookin forward to a gti-16 looks like ill have to stay with the 1.3gl its a 1989 hatch by the way steve :( :( :(

Cheers coke! - Sorry to be bearer of bad news on the Insurance, I'd have been getting my TS a year earlier if it wasn't for that. ;)

wish there was a boy racer insurance were they give you full no claim after a year..every1 knows boy racers are the safest..lol....make it happen

Half the reason Insurance Premiums are so high is because of people making silly claims for stuff. Example (no offence girlies):

Woman slams on brakes when shes two foot from line because lights have just gone orange, she manages to stop, give or take a foot or two, but you on the otherhand, just droped it a cog and accellerating hard to get through it before it goes red, bumps her a bit from behind, nothing serious, but she still has the nerve to claim X thousand pounds for whiplash because her neck was a bit stiff the next day.

Arrrrgh!

Steve.

but then if person had dropped back anticipating someone stopping it never would have happened in the first place....

I hate people who drive right on your @rse.....

Yeah I guess bad example - and yes people who drive on yer ***** well anoying, specially when you get out of the 30 zone and they can't keep up :lol:

My point was more people claiming for the sake of some free money for over-invented injuries.

Steve.

Unfortunately another thing we can thank the septics's for Blame Culture, we are moving towards the position where the states are in now where people sue for absolutely everything.

I even read an article this morning where a woman is suing a cinema complex in Illinois for $75 for 4 minutes which she claims were stolen from here as the cinema showed 4 minutes of adverts at the time when the main film was supposed to be starting. Another chance to look at the stela awards I think....

http://www.stellaawards.com/

• 1 month later...

HELLO LITTLE BOYS, DON'T FORGET THAT FOR YOUR FIRST TWO YEARS OF DRIVING YOU ARE UNDER PROBATION. WHICH MEANS IF YOU GET SIX POINTS ON YOUR LICENCE YOU WILL GO BACK TO BEING A LEARNER. :lol: HAVE FUN SEE YOU AT THE TEST CENTRE. :D :D :D :lol: :P

Actually mate it's one year, and if you get any points, including parking offences, it's back to the L plates.

Fair enough... that's not what they told me when I passed my test, but I guess that was over two years ago now so A - it doesnt matter to me any way, and B they've probly changed it since then!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links