Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has Anyone Had 1 Of These Computer Viruses?

jez_1_2000

Hi all,

Just wondered if any of you have had this computer virus thats going around through e-mail? I had to format my HD yesterday to get rid of it and its already tried to get me again 3 times today the :censor:

it creates a file called 'fvprotect' in 'c:\windows' and there is no way to delete it once it gets on there.... or atleast i couldn't delete it anyway :ffs:

let me know if any of find a way to beat it without formatting incase i get it again.

:thumbsup:

Buy decent anti virus software!

Sorry to be blunt but if you had the software to begin with you wouldn't be in this mess!! :rolleyes:

symantec always have fix' for stuff like this.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...erkez.a@mm.html

is that the one?

if it is then u gotta make sure u update ur av software regularly, by this i mean everyday or even twice a day.

oh, and yep i've had it sent from a few addresses.

usually as a *.zip file. thank god i'm paranoid and check everything thoroughly!

-Z

I wouldn't open any email files unless they are from someone you know, or are 100% sure you know what it is.

make a few e-mail accounts to narrow that possibilty down.

have one for ur m8's, one for formal stuff, one ghay one for posting wherever or when ur signing up for some crap. that bin mosta the stuff inthe "crap" one's cos that way u won't miss nething important. however ur m8's r bound to get infected at some point so its best to stay vigilant!

-Z

i get millions becuase of the 25,000 club members in our network it spreads and I am on alot of people address books.

picture my email every day! i wanna cry :P

i have ceased sending newsletters and if I do nowadays the reply address goes to a black hole... too risky nowadays

But did you know if you get a topic notification that we are listed into your address book.. that address is live and I get all the viruses that spread.

I am protected though.. but i do get an awefull lot of useless mail

naah i dont have auto listing on so ur still not in my addy book, lol

i forget at times and delete e-mails then think c**p i needed that !

and i can imagine the mail that u get. way back when i was workin for a site my e-mail addy was public, got so much rubbish it was unbelievable!

in the end i said that i'd only accept plain txt e-mails unless specified.

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links