Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 Suspension

Sky711

Hi!

Anyone know is the T180 suspension set up is the same as other diesel? Also anyone try lower suspension on their Rav?

Thanks

If your T180 is still running on its Runflat system, I shudder to think what lowering the suspension would do.....could be a non intrusive way of curing haemorrhoids.....you would cough them up at the first pothole. In other words, what is already known as a hard ride would become intolerably firm.

Aesthetics would also change dramatically......it would look pish........

Big Kev

Only reason I ask about the lower suspension is that I fancy to get rid of the run flat and get a set of new alloys instead. Do u think is better than pay few hundreds £ to change the run flat???

By all means get rid of the runflats, Lok, if that is what you want, but lowering the suspension.....? Nah.....may look naff with your shiny new sidesteps fitted. There are some really nice alloys out there, and indeed copies of your fitted ones that are actually finished better......but maybe you fancy something more radical? That is your business, mate......somebody recently was selling the new Invincible alloys on eBay....no offers so maybe worth a search.....?

Big Kev....200921505349 is the item number of another set for sale in Burton on Trent.

I saw that but I'm temped to go 20". 😕

post-131129-0-46946800-1367925949_thumb.

Have to agree with Kev on this..a lowered Rav4 just wouldn't look right,and in the land of 4x4s the ride is probably the hardest around already.

Just ditch the BSRs and keep the 18" T180 wheels( which I quite like)..If you have a shop around and don't mind travelling you can get them removed fairly cheaply.

Search a few old BSR threads for more info.

Might need some fixadent to go with this wheel and suspension set up!

Its also worth considering ease of cleaning.

My old R32 wheels had a million spokes which were a pain to clean.

The OEM T180's are really easy by comparison.

If you go to 20" wheels you'll probably need to start messing around with spacers as well.

• Like 1

The suspension on the T180 gets massacred by the weight of the standard wheels when fitted with the BSR system.. The weight completely overwhelms the damping and makes for an unpleasant ride..

The usual harshness of a car with runflats like say a BMW is caused by having very hard stiff side walls . The Rav does not have these ridiculous hard side walls as it relies on the BSR ring to carry the weight of the car in the event of a puncture but the very very heavy weigh IMHO does more damage to the ride than normal runflat tyres....

The compression and rebound damping on a standard T180 is simply not up to the job so replacing with something better if the standard wheel/tyre set up is to be retained is not a bad idea...

But to be honest fitting 20 inch rims on a Rav 4 is just daft.. It aint that sort of car... I also think the standard wheel is one of the very best parts of the T180 ! Fabulous to look at and easy to clean..

• Like 2

Haha thank all for the comment! After reading all this I think I better stick with my 18" but get the run flat remove.

You are now talking the talk, Lok.....lol.

By all means get rid of the runflats, Lok, if that is what you want, but lowering the suspension.....? Nah.....may look naff with your shiny new sidesteps fitted. There are some really nice alloys out there, and indeed copies of your fitted ones that are actually finished better......but maybe you fancy something more radical? That is your business, mate......somebody recently was selling the new Invincible alloys on ebay....no offers so maybe worth a search.....?

Big Kev....200921505349 is the item number of another set for sale in Burton on Trent.

Haha just got that invincible wheel off eBay! Keep the original as a spare!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links