Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bird !Removed! beware

Primus1

Having just washed my car I noticed a big dollop of bird !Removed! right next to the front Toyota Badge, pressure washing wouldn’t shift it so I used the stuff they gave me included in the kit when I had the paint protection done, I’ve noticed a slight mark in the paint, I’ve tried polishing it out and, it’s helped a bit, but its still there, I think more aggressive polishing is required but, I’m having a paint scuff repair done soon, so I will ask his advice, so, I assume the Toyota paint is the same across the range so, beware, bird !Removed! on your paintwork needs dealing with straight away…

• Like 2

Where we live, along with “normal” garden birds, we have a proliferation of wood pigeons, crows, a few magpies, and gulls - the latter having learned to be around when school children are travelling to and from school - plus a local idiot adult who puts out food in their garden for them.  The discharge from these quite large birds can produce very large splodges and streaks, made worse by the unsuitable food the birds have ingested.   Apart from cars, house walls, windows and doors are all at risk.  The only solution is to keep an eye open (but don’t look up!☂️), and clean off with copious amounts of water.

• Like 3

I think the ones that deposited on mine all came from Chernobyl….

• Haha 6

I always use a soaked paper towel and leave it on the poop to soften it; It should just slide off.

Don't try and scrape it off as that'll risk damaging the lacquer - The adhesive qualities of bird poop are surprisingly strong!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I always use a soaked paper towel and leave it on the !Removed! to soften it; It should just slide off.

Don't try and scrape it off as that'll risk damaging the lacquer - The adhesive qualities of bird !Removed! are surprisingly strong!

Beware H5N1.  Wash hands throughly.

• Like 3

The place I work have the car park spaces under trees, it’s always been a problem , now we are having building work done so there’s the dust/muck to contend with..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Primus1 said:

so I used the stuff they gave me included in the kit when I had the paint protection done

I was given a bottle of bug shifter when I got my Corolla 4 years ago.  Fortunately our pigeon tend to remain on the other side of the house and the web-footed ******* hawks don't frequent these parts.

I went to use the bug shifter and found the spray nozzle clarted with green gunge. I wonder what is in it.

• Like 2

We have the same problem and I am convinced the birds are recreating the dambusters. They always hit the same area on our patio along with either the top or the side windows of the car.

They swoop down from the trees and then carry out low level bombing. They never seem to run out of ammunition.

We always clean it off as quickly as possible with a wet paper kitchen towel as I believe the bird poo has some acidic content that will ruin paintwork if left.:sad:🕊️

• Like 3

I think ours are raiding the bins at the local curry house..

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Primus1 said:

Oooo!  Glows in the dark, does it?  And to think you always thought the ticking was your engine cooling down!!!

• Haha 4

I’m just grateful cows don’t fly

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Primus1 said:

It probably frightened the “removed” out of them😂🤣

28 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

I’m just grateful cows don’t fly

Indeed, although with how much has been dumped on my roof sometimes I do wonder... :fear: 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Primus1 said:

Having just washed my car I noticed a big dollop of bird !Removed! right next to the front Toyota badge, pressure washing wouldn’t shift it so I used the stuff they gave me included in the kit when I had the paint protection done, I’ve noticed a slight mark in the paint, I’ve tried polishing it out and, it’s helped a bit, but its still there, I think more aggressive polishing is required but, I’m having a paint scuff repair done soon, so I will ask his advice, so, I assume the Toyota paint is the same across the range so, beware, bird !Removed! on your paintwork needs dealing with straight away…

You shouldn't use ordinary polish on a ceramic coating. It will remove it.

• Like 1

Where my mother lives in North Yorkshire East Coast, I cannot believe how much bird crap is literally caked on all the cars parked up!! Not just cars but floors, walls, even front doors! All the cars are the same colour as the gulls really let it rip all over the place. I swear over the last couple of years, it has got alot worse. I fear leaving my nicely washed Green Yaris parked up when I visit because when I return, it's literally covered in a thick layer of crap. Nasty stuff. 

• Like 2

Clearly a place where a car cover would be useful... or anti-avian guns!

9 hours ago, Corolly Poly said:

You shouldn't use ordinary polish on a ceramic coating. It will remove it.

Yes I know, unfortunately they didn’t give me any of the polish in the kit..

8 hours ago, ShiftedReality1990 said:

Where my mother lives in North Yorkshire East Coast, I cannot believe how much bird crap is literally caked on all the cars parked up!! Not just cars but floors, walls, even front doors! All the cars are the same colour as the gulls really let it rip all over the place. I swear over the last couple of years, it has got alot worse. I fear leaving my nicely washed Green Yaris parked up when I visit because when I return, it's literally covered in a thick layer of crap. Nasty stuff. 

Yes a visit to Whitby or Scarborough is almost a given that your car will be left with a reminder of your visit..

• Like 1

In Kinsbridge, Devon, there is a car park on the dock at the town end of the estuary.  First time there, I found a spot where there were several vacant places, and thought how lucky I was.  When we returned to the car - you’ve guessed it - the roof, bonnet and windscreen were absolutely covered in bird crap.  What I hadn’t noticed was that either crows or rooks were nesting in the trees above these parking places.  I bought a bottle of water and a kitchen roll from a local store, and cleaned my windscreen, just so that I could safely drive.  Back at the caravan site, a thorough wash down for the car was my priority.

Where I park sometimes, there is a Lime tree. They are to be avoided as well.

The sap rains down, leaving the surface of the car like sandpaper.

Many years ago we had an elderberry bush in the back garden, the birds

loved that.  Not so good on the car though.

We had an elderberry tree at our previous house.  The deposits, after the birds had eaten these berries left almost non-removable stains on everything they spooked on.  It bit into the paint on my up-and-over steel garage door and I never did get the stain out completely.

On 5/19/2024 at 12:08 PM, Cyker said:

I always use a soaked paper towel and leave it on the !Removed! to soften it; It should just slide off.

Don't try and scrape it off as that'll risk damaging the lacquer - The adhesive qualities of bird !Removed! are surprisingly strong!

I use a Dettol wipe. But yeah I have scraped it across...

On 5/19/2024 at 12:41 PM, Roy124 said:

Beware H5N1.  Wash hands throughly.

Yeah I was more worried about this. I don't want to be wiping it down everytime because it just increases the risk. Maybe the Dettol wipe will help here? Using gloves is another idea. 

• Like 1

I use copious amounts of clean water and rinse off.  If the bird mess has dried on - can do so very quickly in strong sunlight - I spray with Williams Racing waterless shampoo, leave to soak and then rinse off.

• Like 2

Had a look at my car whilst at work this afternoon, absolutely covered in big blobs of gifts from the birds, I cleaned it off with the cleaner I have, I think I’m going to have to check it everyday, maybe if it’s raining it might be ok…

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Primus1 said:

Yes a visit to Whitby or Scarborough is almost a given that your car will be left with a reminder of your visit..

You have to be very careful and lucky! when parking in Whitby i always avoid the two main dumping ground! car parks where the Gulls love to walk on the cars and do their business!, saying that i once got done on before reaching any of the car parks and by chance had the window down at the time 😐 there was that much it must have been a flock of Seagulls or one very big one 😆after that day i now call Gulls flying rats 🤢

Edited by Eddie G
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links