Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Sr 08 Low Oil Pressure: What Do I Do?

detch82

Hi the low oil pressure warning light flashed earlier today then went off again. Do i need to add more oil, can anyone help, cheers

First of all use the dipstick to check your oil level - ensure the car is parked on level ground and allow five minutes after turning the engine off to check the oil.
If the oil level indication on the dipstick is near to or below the 'low' mark, you need to top up - I think that the difference between the low and the full marks on the dipstick on this engine is 1.7 litres, but check your owners manual. Add a little oil at a time, wait a couple of minutes and re-check the oil level on the dipstick, until the dipstick shows the oil level at the full mark.

Don't overfill.

^^ Yep try that from above exactly to start with, then go from there... Certainly don't overfill, that's the WORSE thing you can do! You're looking at more issues if it isn't as simple as that, but it's the first port of call for sure.

Done. Thanks guys. It was very low but found out from a guy at motorworld they can hold 4 litres so popped 2 in to be hit it somewhere in the middle. Thanks for your help, as you can probably tell i know nothing about cars but gotta start somewhere.

You could do with keeping a regular check on the oil - ideally once a week.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links