Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What's Involved In Removing The Dpf For Cleaning

P34RC3

As title. Think ill give it a clean this summer along with a service.

DPF blockages on the 2.2 180 are rare, it's more likely for the dpf sensor pipes - differential pressure sensor pipes to block causing P2002.. best cleaning them but they're a bit of a pig to get to!

Could google toyota tech eu and pay to view the official way to remove the dpf and/or sensor..

Have you cleaned the sensor pipe out? What is best to use to clean it. Has anyone even done this them selfs? Id rather not pay if if someone knows lol. May as well pay for someone to do it then lol!

Unofficial ways of cleaning it which I've seen posted on here are to use compressed air.

Toyota replace them with modified pipes to stop them from blocking.

There was a person on here who got error P2002 and was told a new dpf was needed. I told them to question the dealer the diagnosis procedure they followed and it ended up being the differential pressure sensor pipes being blocked the dpf was fine.

I had the same fault. Was initially told that my dpf was blocked but it may be something else they need to do full diagnosis. Turned out to be the pipes too. Was fixed under my toyota extended warranty.

Well I have no problems I just wanted to stop it happening lol. Wonder if u can order this modified pipe or weather its something they just make up in the work shop. I do alot of town driving so maybe its wise to clean the dpf 2? It is however my toy since I have a company van so it does get driven harder than the average person lol.

There was another member who bought the pipes and fitted them himself. I think it was about £30. I do a lot of short journeys coupled by a few longer ones and my dpf has been fine. I used v power for a year and my pipes still blocked. Safe to say I do not use v power anymore!

Lol yh save the money. Might have to do that then. Saves me trouble later then.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links