Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dash Removal

S2Sosmart

As the title says really. Any help greatfully received.

Been through the online Toyota guides and printed off anything that looks like it might help. I'm familiar with the removal of the central dash (Radio / CD player), the passenger footwell plastics and unfortunately everything from the door shuts backwards 😁😁.

Have a little project on the go (Pics to follow) but need the dash out for a while for it to work.

Simon

I think Taz might have covered some of the dash removal for his build. Have a search through his posts ;)

PS Intrigued as to what you are up to?

I'll have a quick shufty through Taz's posts. Thanks for the heads up.

As for what I'm up to, you won't have to wait too long but it's been a fair while in planning and looking at different stuff to get to where I am now (You probably won't be all that impressed tbh but it'll all go towards what I want the car to be like 😉😉).

Simon

Taz. Page 20 on your build thread. Did you ever actually remove the dash ?? If so anything to look out for ?

It's been a busy weekend. I will look for the directions and post them up for you.

• Like 1

Cheers Taz.

I'll await with baited breath. On lates tomorrow then off for 3 days so going to try a dry run at the obvious bits just to see how far I get before I hit any snags

Looking forward to having a play lol

Simon

Aloha Simon,

I have the instruction in the form of a Word doc and PDF file. Please send me a PM with your email address and I'll get them to you.

When I have a little more time I will break them down to jpg files and post them here.

Actually I found your email in your profile. The files have been sent. I hope they make the job easier.

Wow.

Thanks Taz. That about hits the mark. Forewarned and forearmed I shall start later today. Get to a place where the car is still drivable but slightly stripped ready to crack on tomorrow . Car is booked in for the 19th so I've got to be ready before then anyway.

I'll start taking pics just as soon as I start disassembly folks

Si

Well. Got all the front plastics stripped out all the bolts undone only to find,I still can't get the dash off 😁😥 gonna pop over to a mate tomorrow who used to do car audio and see if 2 heads are better than one.

Taz, before you ask, followed the instructions "to the letter" but still seem to be missing that 'final' but somehow 😳😳😳😳😁😁😁😁

Si

What part is still hanging up?

The dash itself Taz. 😁😁😁

Literally got to the stage where the steering surround, the lower trim (Both sides), the black rounded piece (Front passenger dash), heater controls, CD player, speedo surround and speedo, central column and side peices, cigarette lighter an trim and the 6 retaining bolts are all out.

According to the PDF the dash should now come clear to allow stripping out of airvents & pads, etc.

Only problem is. It won't move. I can lift the front about an inch but whatever's holding it seems to be from the windscreen side or slightly back towards the steering wheel I guess.

Getting frustrating now 😁😤

Si

I'm sure you removed them but there are two bolts visible after removing the two A-pillars. That's about all I can think of. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Nope that says it all methinks lol

Si 😉

Right they were the offending bolts. Dash is now loose enough to remove. Jobs booked in for Wednesday . Photo's, all being well, will be up on Thursday (I'll take pics as I go then upload them in reverse order so the process 'should' be obvious lol).

All being well and good it'll be a walkthrough if anybody needs to get into the plastics for any reason

Si

Here's a little taster while I get all the photo's onto photo bucket.

IMG_0993.jpg

That's how it ended up before any work restarted & it all got put together again

Si

• Like 1

Well. Here it is. The fruit of all my cut hands, blue aired , maybe badly idea'd plan that has taken about 2 years of planning, time, and resources to come to fruition. I know it's not everybody's taste but its the start of the next part of my loooooonnnngggg plans

IMG_0996.jpg

Carbon fibre wrap over the dash. All little vents are coloured matt black to take away the purple plastic that was left on show.

Opinions please,

Si

• Like 1

Looks good from there, any more pictures of the rest of the dash?

Nicely done, looking forward to seeing the entire dash.

Phew, a lot of work to make it look quite special, a pity that standard dash is of cheap poor quality plastic, however it looks like you are enjoying yourself !

The rest of the dash is still standard (Although back together now ).

photo-1.jpg

I got a wrap company to do the dash because I thought the angles and fiddly bits might be a nightmare. As the months progress I'm going to work around the car a bit (Time vs funds). Have some other ideas for the interior as well but again. Time and money lol.

Si

PS Bob. I had lots of fun with a few #$*! moments thrown in for good measure as for the rest of my plans I don't see them getting any easier any time soon either

Very nice installation job. I can see how that would have been difficult to do, sometimes it's best to let a pro handle the job. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next...

There is a ghost of a headless driver in the mirror :0

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links