Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can Anyone List The Models

negativepitch

we are looking at buying a used verso, we would like a 2012 if possible, we are more than a bit confused with the model range/s

Im not asking what each model consists of, but there seems to be two different ranges, unless we have read it wrong.

so for example D4D TR5 and then a spirit etc etc,

so I have seen D4D TR5-DR and a D4D Active, I realise they are not the same cars, but did they change the range names at sometime.

hope anyone can follow this.

if they did change the range names, is it possible for some one to list the two model ranges, from basic upwards, its been a bit confusing, trying to look at reviews and at our local dealer sites,

the other thing is, was/is reversing censors only an extra, or was it fitted as standard on some models.

many thanks for any help.

As far as I'm aware, the model line-up mirrored the Auris, The base was the T2, mid-range TR, and the highest spec was the T-Spirit. The 1.6 T2 and TR were available in 5 or 7 seat versions. Parking sensors were optional on the T2 and TR - not sure about the T-Spirit.

From 2009 > 2012 the range consisted of

T2 = Entry level with 1.6p , 1.8p & 2.0d with either 5 or 7 seats ( 1.8 also available as auto )

TR = Mid level 1.6p , 1.8p , 2.0d & 2.2d only 7 seats ( 1.8 also available as auto, 2.2d only as Auto )

Tspirit = Top level 1.8p & 2.2d 7 seat only ( 1.8 also available as auto, 2.2d only as Auto )

Parking sensors where optional, reverse camera was only included with HDD navigation

In 2013 Toyota introduced a minor model change with news trims specs, options & a facelift

Active = Entry level with 1.6 & 2.0d with either 5 or 7 seat

Icon = Mid level 1.6p , 1.8p & 2.0d 7 seat only ( 1.8p only as auto )

Excel = Top level with 1.8p & 2.0d 7 seat only ( 1.8p only as auto )

Parking sensors are optional, reverse camera standard on Icon & Excel

As a previous owner of a 2010 T Spirit and current owner of a 2013 Excel I generally agree with Devon Aygo's response. The only slight change worth stating is that the T Spirit has always had a reversing camera from 2009 onwards. The camera displays in the corner of the rear view mirror. If you upgraded to the HDD unit the camera would then display on the larger screen on the central console.

Between 2009 and 2012 the models also saw some improvements in specification across the range. For example the T Spirit acquired part leather interior and glass roof. TR also got climate control. Prices went up across the range accordingly.

sorry I didnt get back to this thread sooner, I didnt get any notifications.

thanks for the replies.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links