Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Please Explain How To Replace Wiper Arms

craigrussell19

Hi, i bought replacement windshield wipers (arm + wiper) and can't work out how to affix them !?! Any tips. thanks.

Welcome on TOC!

To remove the arm you need to open the plastic cover at the base (where the arm is attached to the car). You will see bolt there which you need to open. Then just pull the arm, but the wiper needs to be raised for you to do it.

Why did you buy the arms aswell in the first place? Only the rubbers would've been enough.

Yea, after now checking this out I now realise you can get the blades on there own.. I got the whole arm and blade from asda actually for only £2 a wiper in a sale! They come with various adaptors and I think adaptor e is the one to use.

This is them here

http://m.direct.asda.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-ASDA-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=001026663

Well, there is no arm in your picture. It's only a blade. In order to install only that part you need to open the plastic hatch by pulling. You will find this hatch in the middle of the blade where it's attached to the arm. Then just pull the blade out so that it will slide off the hook.

This here is a wiper arm:

beetle%20parts%20wiper%20arm%20grub%20sc

Cheers bud. Sorry if terminology was a bit out. I got thrown by the fact this car can have just the rubber blade replaced or the whole plasic backing as well which I refered to as the arm. :-) I was making a distinction just in case you though I wanted just the rubber section replaced only. Thanks again.

No problems, always glad to help. It was good that you posted a picture because I could then see what you were going to do and was able to advice you correctly :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links