Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Con Cleaner

DreamTeam

Can anyone recommend a good air con cleaner? I've used the Comma stuff before, but it hasn't shifted the iffy smell.

I think Kingo sells some 'air-con bombs' which you set off in the car with the aircon on and in recirculating mode which supposedly kills all the bacteria and cleans it out.

Can anyone recommend a good air con cleaner? I've used the Comma stuff before, but it hasn't shifted the iffy smell.

Take a look on eBay for the "Forte" stuff thats good...

Autoglym do an Air Conditioning Sanitizer

Cheers guys. I went with the Dettol Disinfectant spray. Seems to have worked so far. Took out the filter and cleaned it up and gave it a spray.

Also sprayed the disinfectant into the air intake and ran the air con. This turned out to be a bad idea however as the engine started to overheat :disgust: Refilled the radiator and everything seems to be back to normal :driving:

Cheers guys. I went with the Dettol Disinfectant spray. Seems to have worked so far. Took out the filter and cleaned it up and gave it a spray.

Also sprayed the disinfectant into the air intake and ran the air con. This turned out to be a bad idea however as the engine started to overheat :disgust: Refilled the radiator and everything seems to be back to normal :driving:

Glad that your sorted DT ?do you mean you sprayed the Dettol into the Engine intake

What you need to do is remove the air con filter from behind glove box filter switch air con on together with the recirc button on and spray the dettol into the vent but don't go mad,the smell is caused by condensation droplets forming inside the fan housing after the aircon is switched off. hth

Glad that your sorted DT ?do you mean you sprayed the Dettol into the Engine intake

No, sprayed it into the air intake just at the bottom of the front window.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links