Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spoilt For Choice

ziggy15

Just joined the forum, being already a member of another GT86 forum. At the moment drive a Skoda Citigo, (the wife drives an Aygo) but at 61 years of age will either be buying the GT86 or the IQ in a couple of years time. Lol, Yes I know there's little connection, but there is a genuine reason. I'd love a GT86, first car of it's type I've ever been able to just about afford, and at my age probably a last chance. Plan was to then follow this up with an IQ2 as probably my final car, probably with all the bells and whistles and all accessories. Two years to go to final payment on Skoda so plenty of time to decide. I love the GT86, but my wife reckons I'll probably kill myself in it in the first week. Keep alternating between plan A as above, or plan B just going straight to an IQ2. Even with every pack offered, leather, satnav etc it would still cost me a lot less than the 86. from the other forum too, there seem to be more faults/niggles with the 86, not a road I really want to be going down at this age, regardless of how much fun it is. Will check out what this forum has to say too, I'd only saved this link as an IQ site, not realising it was a general Toyota forum. Maybe in a couple of years a lot of these will have been sorted out, as with the IQ that's been around longer.

A nice lottery win would solve my problem, just get them both, which would be ideal for all types of driving and journeys. I wish. Cheers. Steve.

I'm very much where you are, even to the age. But I've also got my eye on having an american muscle car for a year or two - just can't beat that big V8 sound :gunsmilie:

Thanks for the reply Mike, nice to see there's someone else around! Glad too that I'm not the only one with such thoughts. Good luck with the muscle car, think I'll have enough trouble getting the other half even as a passenger in the 86, let alone a big yankee job. She certainly wouldn't drive it..............do I mind???? Ummm No.

• 1 month later...

Looks like my Aygo will be going soon as I have put a deposit down on a 2009 Mustang GT convertible.

Unfortunately my wife wants to drive it too - her lead feet with 300 bhp under them is frankly terrifying :ermm:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links