Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Meridian

Plutus

Our local family dealership has been bought out by the above.

Anyone got experience of them, good or bad?

See: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/business/business-news/meridian-snaps-up-four-car-dealerships-1-5740334

Hopefully they will be better than Sytner - had two poor experiences with them when looking to purchase new cars.

Not to be confused with Meriden Ltd who operate dealerships for Fiat brands (Maserati, Ferrari, Abarth, Chrysler, etc).

It's all down to the staff & company policy really.

I live mid-way between two large Toyota Dealers premises, fifteen miles either way.

When you walk into either, they look the same (Toyotarised) but the people behing the image, chalk and cheese!

One, know it all, price quoted for anything and everything, arrogant, objectionable, couldn't care less, don't listen........I could go on.

The other, charm, charisma, helpful way beyond the call of duty, nothing too much trouble.........................

Would you have a guess as to which one I visit when I really have to go to the Dealers?

Edited by Red Yaris 54
Derogatory term for dealers amended following members complaints

Mmmmmm,

I guess that's a yellow card for me then?

I simply refer to Toyota Main Dealers as I find them.

As my dear readers will see from my post above, one I wouldn't be seen in again if they became the only one left in the country.

The second is a very different kettle of fish who solve every problem or request I have taken to them with charm, knowledge and excellent customer care!

I am saddened that "members" & Red Yaris apparantly can't accept the truth, (as I find it) about our dearly beloved Toyota Dealers, but if that's how it is, I will probably not mention them again.

Hey Ho!

I am curious to know which one you think is OK. I live about 200 yards from one, and I think they are pretty good.

Phil

Better to have nae pre conceived or auto suggestives, Phil......your own opinion is the one that counts, as does Annawong's, censored or not.

Personal experiences count for a lot - but that is what they are, personal. I had two poor experiences with the Birmingham Toyota dealer (3 years apart), and didn't bother even making contact when I changed my Auris last year. However I know people who have bought cars from them and would go back without hesitation.

Last year when we were changing our other car, we had a poor experience with our local Mazda dealer - whom we had bought three new Mazdas from in a row and one Honda. We bought a Hyundai and we made the Mazda dealer aware they had lost our custom. Thought that was 'punishment' enough.

No point in being derogatory.

It's a shame that the remaining few smaller 'family run' dealerships are now been 'swallowed up' by the larger companies. In our part of the world the RRG group have moved in to Yorkshire and taken West Riding Toyotas three dealerships taking there tally to 12 Mr T dealerships, all these within about an hours drive of each other.

To this day I have yet to buy a Toyota from a larger group, our current Rav came from a family run business with one showroom, the service was impeccable and the 'deal' left me £1500 pounds better off over our local dealer who didn't seem all that interested in a good old toe to toe deal.

Maybe the smaller dealerships need he volume sales for over ride bonuses where as the larger outfits easily achieve these and it's about individual salesman profit related bonus ?

A big factor in terms of service is staff turnover...........

I've been very happy with the service I have had from the local dealer. In all the time I have owned the Rav the service staff have not changed.

I will report back after my next service (8th year service, may be a biggish one. Not sure if ATF will be changed) in the Autumn.

Hi Phil, (pgp001)

As you see, I mustn't be critcal of Toyota Dealers on this Forum or I will problably be banned in future...!

However, to answer your question, I live in Selby, North Yorkshire. I find the Toyota Dealer in Doncaster, Burrows to be excellent, both in product knowledge and more particularly, customer care, politeness and attitude!

I hope this helps, you can probably draw your own conclusions from there on..................................

I don't think its about being critical per say, it's about giving an online opinion where the dealer is not given an opportuninty to reply and at the end of the day, it is only your opinion. The dealership in question must have thousands of happy customers on its books, otherwise people vote with their feet and it would be closed down in no time at all if it didnt sell cars

There a several "franchise" companies that I would never ever use again in my lifetime, ones where I tried several branches and all had similar bad service, but that was my opinion, the majority still operate and probably make a lot of money, one huge chain went bust, and I know why, they had shocking customer service

As a dealer we invest a huge amount of resource to keep our customers happy, but there will be people out there that will say they would never darken our door again, sad from our point of view but sometimes it just happens. People have to make their own minds up, I have no idea what your original post said but it obviously upset some people, I think you have to accept that your view is not the only one and that is why the post was moderated

Vantage have a really good management team, I doubt they would allow for sloppy working practices

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi Kingo,

I accept totally the contents of your post and would make the point that I wasn't being specific in my critisism of Main Dealers. While referring to Toyota, (this being a Toyota forum) the comment I made was regarding prices being charged by them and surely applies to Main Dealers of all motor maufacturers!

I also fully recognise this was my post, my view and not shared by some, though I suspect, by many, hence the proliferation of good, small, car repair workshops and parts suppliers who proliferate within the UK.

I certainly didn't set out to upset anyone, nor did I name any individual, nor any dealer. Clearly my comment touched a raw nerve somewhere and for that, my apologies. However providing comments are not slanderous, offensive, or untruths then I believe that free speech should continue within the UK at least, (unlike many countries) as it surely should on this forum.

Minor rant over, soap box now away.

I will cetainly be more "selective" when making any comment regarding our wonderful dealers for here on and continue to read and learn from comments on this forum. I may even occasionally pass on my knowledge and lessons learned from working on my Rav 4 (which I think is a wonderful vehicle, though it's a 4.2 with full size spare wheel etc.......not keen on that element of design on the later one's........whoops, there I go being critical again in public...........................

I'll shut up now, before I get into trouble again.

Well I do hear you, but this is a moderated forum, you signed up to the T&C's when you registered. If the mods received a complaint about your post they would I guess take action as they see fit. As I say, I have no idea what you said in the post, you have not been booted off, just had a post edited because of complaints. I would just take it on the chin and move on.......but thats my opinion :lol:

I don't think its about being critical per say, it's about giving an online opinion where the dealer is not given an opportuninty to reply and at the end of the day, it is only your opinion. The dealership in question must have thousands of happy customers on its books, otherwise people vote with their feet and it would be closed down in no time at all if it didnt sell cars

There a several "franchise" companies that I would never ever use again in my lifetime, ones where I tried several branches and all had similar bad service, but that was my opinion, the majority still operate and probably make a lot of money, one huge chain went bust, and I know why, they had shocking customer service

As a dealer we invest a huge amount of resource to keep our customers happy, but there will be people out there that will say they would never darken our door again, sad from our point of view but sometimes it just happens. People have to make their own minds up, I have no idea what your original post said but it obviously upset some people, I think you have to accept that your view is not the only one and that is why the post was moderated

Vantage have a really good management team, I doubt they would allow for sloppy working practices

Kingo :thumbsup:

Your CV in at Vantage then......? LOL......

• Like 1

Are anyof the moderators on here employees of Toyota?

Not any that I am aware of...........it's not owned by Toyota

That's enough of that Big_Kev :D:

No connection with Toyota or the dealer network, apart from being a customer - currently have a 62 reg Auris and a 12 reg Hyundai i20. Retired from Dept for Work and Pensions two years ago.

Me and Kingo.......

So watch it!! :lol:

Aye....we are gonnae ban everybody except me, Bothy, Paulus 17.......beware ye the ides of Parts King.

My, my, Haven't I started something.......and only passed an opinion.......!

It wasn't done on purpose, honestly!

Excuse me while I retire to the naughty corner and seek my penace and retribution. I trust that in time, I may walk this way again, without the fear of Big Kev and Kingo beating the ............er, nasty suff out of me!

Hey ho, onwards and upwards.................

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links