Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Next Mod For The Rav4

**RAZER**

This is some photos of the underside of my Celica T Sport, so 3 guesses what will be happening next to the Rav4.

Once its done I will post the pics.

post-128275-0-72428000-1374680207_thumb.

post-128275-0-28784200-1374680218_thumb.

post-128275-0-71587200-1374680229_thumb.

I'ma bit dim this morning so what am I looking at ? The exhaust ?

Naw.....black underseal ya Numpty.......has your Commodore still got that black and white screen, min.....? Good job, Kenny.....planned for wife's Rav too.

A bit dim Bothy? Probably brought on by the fact you posted that at 4.53 AM!! Good heavens man.............that's the middle of the night!! :D: :D:

• Like 1

lol.....go get some coffee or something, 04:52 geez thats the middle of the night for me............that is the grey underseal (shutz type) you are looking at, it was put on using gun and compressor.

Well worth doing to any car, the Rav4 will be the 4th motor i have done this way.

Looks good Kenny - What's the rough cost for that job?

I was thinking of having it done at some point to my '03 RAV. Was the Celica rusting for you to decide to do that or just a preventative measure?

Are there any downsides or issues to be aware of with underseal coatings?

Cheers,

Lee

I have a tutorial to do on rustproofing which was very kindly sponsered by Dinitrol.

It was done on Guy's new 4.4 - here are a few tasters;

post-30983-0-11676300-1374998613_thumb.j

post-30983-0-92195300-1374998723_thumb.j

With a new job on the horizon and frequent trips to Manchester, I recently bought a Daihatsu Sirion which is really a Yaris in a Daihatsu body. It is a 2008 model with 13500 miles on the clock. It has obviously done a lot of standing so that was promptly put on stands while I got at the wheel arches and behind the bumpers. Schutz under the wheel arches;

post-30983-0-12681700-1374999110_thumb.j

post-30983-0-96705000-1374999164_thumb.j

Tetroseal everywhere else.

post-30983-0-96147800-1374999324_thumb.j

post-30983-0-70474000-1374999354_thumb.j

BTW, the RAV is staying!

Cost was around 20 quid if memory serves....did it my self in bro in laws garage up on ramp, it was preventative measure on celica but still spent 2 hours with wire brush doing the prep.

The sealer is very thin and not like the thick tar stuff you get, the finish is more like a primer, will try to find out what i used cos cant remember, an post it up.

• 5 weeks later...

Looking for a set of mudflaps, can anyone put a link up of where to get them and the correct ones for my rav (It has the side steps)

2004 XT3

Thx

post-128275-0-32632200-1377709431_thumb.

Looking for a set of mudflaps, can anyone put a link up of where to get them and the correct ones for my rav (It has the side steps)

2004 XT3

Thx

I had sidesteps on both of our 4.2's (3-dr & 5-dr). They both had Toyota OEM mudflaps fitted. No problems and no mods necessary for fitting with the steps. Good quality too & simple to fit.

Tried fleebay, but some of them when you put in the year of car, doesnt show up a 2004 for some reason.

I'd have thought a slow run down the A9 would give you a selection of parts and mudflaps to choose from ?

And thanks for the info on the underseal. I understand now. Does the underseal smooth finish allow the car to go faster, or float or something ?

In 2 days, both my RAVs will be 19 years old ! Just a couple of little shows of rust on the rear wheel arch on both - other than that fine. And in case you ask, yes - I've been up a wee while watching Andy Murray.

Contact Kingo: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/user/34014-parts-king/

Let him have all your vehicle details and he'll have mud flaps [and anything else Toyota] to you in no time :thumbsup:

Mention TOC and you may well get a discount too - unless he spends it on a pie :eat:

Like Jim says the side steps won't affect the mudflaps but when I bought mine I remember there were two types to allow fitting with/without the flared wheel arches that you have.

Kingo will know the part number!!

Cheers,
Lee

Thx for the info..........and yes with no rust underneath, the car is lighter and you will get an extra 13.4 bhp, and the car will feel like its 'floating'.........heehehehehe

Ordered....thx guys

Now for the next one..............I saw this somewhere but cant find the thread now, looking at the mod for getting the back door to open to 90degrees, can anyone paste the thread link.

Thx Kenny

• 4 weeks later...

The pics of the now fitted mud flaps. ....took me all of 10 mins to fit......easiest flaps I have ever done on any car....bit they were genuine Toyota parts.post-128275-0-69762200-1379941958_thumb.post-128275-0-84353800-1379942029_thumb.

Took tow ball section off for winter and have plenty of room to get gear in and out so wont bother with 90degree hinges.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links