Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question For Opifex

Duffryn

Opifex - I read on another thread that you were provided with a Prius as a loan car while yours was serviced. How did you manage that? My dealer will only supply Aygos as loaners, and, when I moaned I was told that it was Toyota policy to only provide Aygos.

Was I told a porky I wonder? Should I make a fuss next time? Anybody else got any thoughts on this?

I have had a variety of loaners over the years. Mainly IQs and Aygos but I did get a brand new Auris Hybrid once :) I guess it depends on what they have available.

Cannot see that it is Toyota's policy only to supply Aygos as courtesy cars - under Block Exemption Toyota cannot make dealers use Toyota's preferred oil for servicing, let alone have a policy saying to dealers which cars to use. Probably an easy excuse for dealers to use if they have moans about courtesy cars. Haven't used courtesy cars since having my last three Toyotas, but with the Mazda 2 we had, the dealer supplied either a Mazda 2 or Mazda 3 - depending what was available.

It varies - The service department have to pay for the loan cars so most will go for Aygos as these are the cheapest. We use a mixture of Yaris and Aygos. We had a push to use the new yaris when it came out.

The other cars that are on site are the sales demo cars and as Toyota standard you have to have a certain amount of then on site at any time in case of an customer wishing to test drive or an audit

Alex

All you have to do is say you can only drive an auto. The most prevalent auto on most Toyota dealers lot is a hybrid.

Opifex - I read on another thread that you were provided with a Prius as a loan car while yours was serviced. How did you manage that? My dealer will only supply Aygos as loaners, and, when I moaned I was told that it was Toyota policy to only provide Aygos.

Was I told a porky I wonder? Should I make a fuss next time? Anybody else got any thoughts on this?

I'm just lucky I guess.

Last time it was a Yaris HSD, again pretty new.

I imagine that they are demo cars that will be sold on in a few months.

Thanks for all replies guys.

Seems that I was told a porky then, but receptionist definitely stated that it was Toyota (rather than dealership) policy to only provide Aygos as loaners - Mrs.Duffryn can bear witness to this (and she's never wrong :no: ).

Cars due for service soon, so will put'em to the test again.

All you have to do is say you can only drive an auto. The most prevalent auto on most Toyota dealers lot is a hybrid.

My OH can only drive autos now so any loaner or hire car has to be an auto.

That is probably why we got an Auris Hybrid as a loaner ;)

The auto Aygo was out!

"Loaners" as you call them are usually Aygo and the like because of the cost. Nothing is free in life, the dealer has to pay for every single one of those cars. The loan car fleet is not the same as the demonstrators. Those demonstrators have to be on site to be used by prospective customers, if they are not on site, they have to be "logged" as being out on demo

There are times when somebody needs a larger car or auto, in which case we try to accommodate

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links