Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Shocks

webleymk3

Driving along today and I start getting a banging noise from the front right when I go over a bump. I take a look and see hydraulic fluid pouring out the shock.

Am I right in saying the shock is probably kaput??

If so how much should a new one be and should I do the pair??

Driving along today and I start getting a banging noise from the front right when I go over a bump. I take a look and see hydraulic fluid pouring out the shock.

Am I right in saying the shock is probably kaput??

If so how much should a new one be and should I do the pair??

See how yer last wan was KevRav before ye blew it up...? Is this wan to be known as Stevie Austin......? We have the technology, etc....?

Rotten run of luck you are having with yer Rav, min.......and YES.....do both fronts, and if ye don't know how to use a spring compressor........don't....

seems awful young to need new shocks.... must be your local roads. I fitted heavy duty adjustable konis to number 1 RAV front and back - much stronger

Good grief......indie here we come.....?

Aye. You can say that!!

Now having the pi$$ ripped out of me in the office cos a 6 year old car that's supposedly capable of handling rough terrain has a knackered shock. Double meh...

Not uncommon to go, PM me Webbers, I can price just the parts for you, will be better than you have been quoted ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Always change shock absorbers in pairs Webley!

By the sound of it, you need some heavy duty units to combat your terrain. You will probably find they come in at a better price than "standard" ones from the Dealers anyway and will give a better ride!

It is a known fact that Edinburgh roads are some if the worst in the country!!!

So what would you all recommend?

Genuine!

Some aftermarket shocks are............shocking!

Going for uprated ones can make your suspension feel harsh, not much point if you are going to take it off road

At least going the genuine route you know how the car feels and handles, you cannot guarantee that with an after market shock

Fit in pairs though

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Car went into the mechanic today and it seems the last time it was jacked up (by either me or Mr T) the torn gator you can see in the picture got caught into the shock causing the seal to rupture.

What a fricken waste of money replacing something that shouldn't need to have been replaced... Meh..

Job done at an Indy for £330 including new shocks, gators and labour. The gators were £30 each!

Here's a photo of the knackered shock. you can see the gator jammed into it.

Shock2.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links