Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav Upgrade Confusion

murg

Hello All,

Just bought a 2007 xt-r diesel and am loving it so far. Forgive me if this has been covered before this is a first post as a new member.

I have got the 6 cd changer and would like to get a unit to replace it that has touchscreen and includes sat nav and has the ability to control cd/audio functions etc. Toyota quoted me a very large amount to supply and fit!! is there a unit I can buy that would fit in my particular Rav? I am getting very confused as to what is compatible ( din plugs etc) I have a mechanic that can fit it I just don't want to buy the wrong one!

Thanks. good to be on board!

SONY XNV 66 or 77B (With TomTom Navigation) . . . You need to buy the interface cable and the fascia panels, but fitting is easy (If I can do it anyone can) . . . I got my 66 for £450 IIRC the 77 can now be had for around £850.

If you are into Garmin Sat Nav, there are pleanty of Double Din units that are compatible (Expect to pay around £450 for a brand new one . . . upwards of course), along with the suitable interface cable and fascia panel.

I did consider the Cheapy Chinese Android makes available on eBay . . . but very quickly decided not to get one

Hi Tony,

ok I will have a look around for the units you mention. Appreciate your post

SONY XNV 66 or 77B (With TomTom Navigation) . . . You need to buy the interface cable and the fascia panels, but fitting is easy (If I can do it anyone can) . . . I got my 66 for £450 IIRC the 77 can now be had for around £850.

If you are into Garmin Sat Nav, there are pleanty of Double Din units that are compatible (Expect to pay around £450 for a brand new one . . . upwards of course), along with the suitable interface cable and fascia panel.

I did consider the Cheapy Chinese Android makes available on eBay . . . but very quickly decided not to get one

I went through exactly the same thought process as you Tony - and ended up with the Sony XNV-77BT! Definitely not disappointed by the result. Easy and cheap map updates ( clip in Nav unit fits the car unobtrusively with no problem and just unclips and connects to the PC for updating ) + local search facility + excellent bluetooth connection for phone. Only downside is that the righthand buttons on the steering wheel can't be made to work. Made rear view camera installation very easy as well. Price has come down since I bought mine which is even better value. A word of advice: Take your ( bluetooth ) phone to somewhere that has the headunit working on a display and make sure it "pairs" properly ( it should show signal availability and strength and phone Battery state of charge on the bottom of the headunit "phone" screen ). HTH!

Should have said those Model Numbers are XNV-L66BT and XNV-L77BT . . . There are a couple of similar units XNV-66BT and XNV-77BT, that are the same but without the TomTom 'Live' Services . . .These are cheaper

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links