Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Missing "support, Luggage Compartment Door Torsion Bar"

perdaniel

Since I bought my '01 T22 sedan I have occasionally heard a metallic rattling noise from the read of the car, especially on rough roads. Recently I found that the "Support, luggage compartment door torsion bar", part number 64127-20120 is missing from my car. Is this a part that often breaks, or have one of the previous owners just been very ham-fisted? I don't want to buy a new one from the local dealer, as they charged me 50NOK (5GBP) for an interior light bulb. Is there a reputable online vendor in europe that have these for a reasonable price? I have searched, but only found US vendors, and it usually costs a lot to ship here if they even are willing to ship to europe. If it is difficult or expensive to find this part I might just attach a piece of CLD tile to the body where the torsion bars hits (I already have some of those that I bought for my previous car).

Here is a picture of the torsion bars where I suppose that the support should have been:

post-126397-0-06014900-1378120144_thumb.

I have not sold any in 12 months so it is not a popular item to fail

The part is £8.46 GBP in the UK

Is it worth all the grief to look online and buy one? If you don't like the price, make something to fit?

Kingo :thumbsup:

I sent a message to the local Toyota dealer asking for the price of this item. Regarding the "hassle" of shopping online: As I come from a small european country (Norway) and have a P.O. box, it is occasionaly difficult to find dealers that will send items to me. Except for that small snag, I usually find it easier to shop online than in regular shops.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links