Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Failed Headlamps - Thanks Toc!

Bristim

Posting this hopefully for others - thanks to TOC for coming up with information!

Got into the car in the pitch dark yesterday, turned the headlights on, a brief flash and then darkness...both sides....

Thankfully the high beam worked - since it was on its own it was about the same as dipped - so got me home.

This was a real worry, since recently the belt tensioner sheered off and shedded the aux drive belt, which then shreded the main earth cable on its way out the bottom of the engine at 40mph. Earth cable fixed, but one of the things I was told to watch out for was things burning out...worry worry...

Anyhow, quick search on TOC and found several threads on this and that headlight bulbs can burn out at virtually the same time - although I've been driving for 20 years I have never had a headlight burn out on me until yesterday!

As you therefore guess, it was both bulbs going at the same time - now replaced and all sorted - but since several TOC threads across various models had people checking relays and fuses before getting back to the bulbs on the recommendation of fellow Toccers, this is just a post for info and hoping to help someone out if they get the same thing.

Cheers TOC!

Now Tim min.......if we had suspected this might happen, we could have put a tenner on at the bookies.....what odds do you think we would have got.....? Never heard of it in ma puff......

• Like 2

FFS Dave min......you'll be asking him next if he's only got wan eye....lol.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links