Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Benefits Of 'shopping Around'.

silly sausage

Having ordered a new Rav for delivery in two weeks, i thought I would share the buying experience. We bought our current Rav in September 2011, at the time we priced a 'swap' with two local dealers part exchanging a two year old Rav and then went further a field. With four quotes on the table the difference in the deals was a staggering £1600.00 !

I thought the deal of 2011 would never be repeated, again this month we priced locally as well as where we bought the 2011 Rav, same extras specified, not a 'stock' car but one from Toyota and yet again a price differentiation of almost £1400.00

You would imagine the 'big boys' with multi Toyota franchises would be the ones who gave the discounts to turn over stock but it appears not to be the case. I understand Mr T questions dealers as to why customers buy outside there postcode, there's a simple answer.

• Like 2

Good grief, Paul........1400 sovereign pieces dirrifential.....?

Only people as auld as Jamesy Firemac seem to understand that yer overheads are the same whether you are busy or quiet. The blatant indifference I experienced from two Scottish franchised sales peeps led me to RRG Macclesfield, granted partly on Anchorchap recommendation, but their interest in my business was the big sway.

Hi denshaw,

Did you not try a car broker for price ?

We got our 4.4 Invincible with Nav, Style Kit in my new favourite colour of white for, if I'm not mistaken, just over £4100 pounds off list, all for the extra price of a train ticket to the Toyota dealership that supplied it !

Paul.

Hi Paul, As I said we're part exchanging our current Rav, we got a very strong p/x allowance, some discount on the new cost price plus the extras on the new car 'thrown in' as well as the pearlescent paint at no extra cost. I don't imagine our respective deals are too far apart. We have no real need for sat-nav, being of Yorkshire extraction and the cost of diesel nowadays I don't go far ! :laughing:

Inchcape say they will beat any price (genuine) so long as its a UK supplier and that includes car brokers.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links