Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Prius Bike Rack

kevin224

Has anyone got a bike rack that they are pleased for up to 2 bikes on the prius 2010 model. i was thinking of a boot mounted model? or is a pair of roof bars the way to go. Roof bars cause drag so i want to be able to remove them easily.

TBH roof bars alone don't generate significant drag, just the stuff mounted to them (e.g. the giant empty torpedo you normally see mounted on them :lol:). Even the cycle-mount frame probably doesn't generate that much drag.

Rear mounted bike racks can be a bit fiddly to secure to the car unless it's one that has a permanent mount for it (Or one of the towbar-mounted ones), but once on they're generally a lot easier to put the bikes on and off than with the roof mounted ones which is a big plus for a cycling holiday!

Does mean you can't get in the boot easily with some models tho'...

thanks for the help guys. i think the under car mounted type look less fiddly than the strap to tailgate ones.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links