Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Minimum Tyre Size

swinter88

Hi could someone please help regarding tyre size. I have the option of buying a set of Toyota alloys in mint condition that fir the Rav4 but just worried about the tyre size. They are 225/55 r16 would these be OK on the Rav4.

Thanks in advance

Looking at the offset on the alloys I am looking at ,they are 50 would they fit the rav 4. They are from a Toyota Chaser. Thanks

Tyre and wheel size is a topic that has arisen a few times. Try doing a search in the section to see what comes up.

The crucial bits are whether the rolling circumference of the tyre will give an accurate speed reflection to within 10% of the actual speed. Telling the polis that you were not speeding in a 30mph area cos the speedo was wrong is not an excuse.

As an example, I run 245/45 x 18 tyres on both my RAVs and the speedo is reasonably accurate. When I was running 225/40 x 18 stretched over a wider wheel, the speedo was 10% optimistic...ie it told me I was going 10% faster than in reality.

The other thing to check, apart from the stud holes matching up, is that the offset is proper - ie that the wheels don't clatter against the calipers of the brakes, or rub against the inner wings on full lock.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links