Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

62 Mpg On Combined/motorway Run From Liverpool To Minehead

The Cav

We went to Butlins @ Minehead for a short break ... 3 Adults and our luggage My 2006 Avensis tspirit 2.2 d4d returned 62 mpg on the way there which i think is brilliant for a motor of that size ..since ive had the car over the last 3 yrs it has got better each yr we have gone to Somerset / Devon (M6-M5) from 51 mpg in 2010 to 62 mpg this year

i must admit i used Shell Diesel fuel ...not the expensive one and i also put a full bottle of Red X diesel injector cleaner in the tank ..@£3.49 i think its as good a diesel injector cleaner as the more expensive ones of which i have used most of them

my motor was always a little smokey (see my previous posts) but even that seems to have subsided

and at the moment it is as smooth as a babys bottom on acceleration and its rapid

btw my car has done 118600+mls and i kept it as close to 70mph in cruise control as possible

• Like 1

Hello Cav! :)

Well done mate I've had similar results with mine although there will always be those who doubt or dispute the mpg figures. I find the computer almost spot on compared to the fillup to fillup method.

Best regards :thumbsup:

Pete.

Best I've ever got out of my T180 was 52mpg - I'm guessing you have the 150bhp model which is known to be better on fuel

I have a 2.0 D-4D and usually get between 55 and 65, depending on traffic... 95% motorway helps... but I agree, superb car for economy!

Hi recently had a trip to Devon from Warwickshire 646 mls return including sightseeing trips. Overall mpg was 43 I don't drive like a saint but I expected a bit more as the 229 mls (1 stop ) on the way down only showed 51.6 mpg all on motorway bar the last 31.I have a 2.0 4d T4 Tourer which was fully loaded, 4 adults plus luggage. 4 years old only done 32056 mls and good clean engine.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links