Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Moving Of Posts............

CharlieFarlie

Recently I wrote a post about the sealing of the wheels on our Rav4s...

Now of course I accept there is a dedicated detailing section elsewhere on this forum... But I like many do not visit other areas of the Forum for a few varied reasons....

For me selfish as this may sound I have no interest in any other cars in the Toyota range... I have these days limited time so even if I did I would still not venture from this particular area ...

I feel like this part of the forum we are like minded and quite a few of us like to take part in looking after our cars... We I feel are a close bunch and all try to help each other out.. This is why we share information after all..

When I wrote the wheel sealing thread I specifically asked for it not to be removed with a nice please...

Of course it was moved... Like a few other threads it simply vanished without a tag yo indicate why or where it was removed to....

This morning I got the following PM....

Hi Charlie

I saw your post a few days ago about products to protect the alloys against brake dust and dirt. I had been thinking of getting something like that to put on for the winter for when they start gritting the roads (bit early for that yet ;)

What would be the best product to use? I would be looking for something that is easy to put on and that I could buy in Halfords because its the only shop near me that would sell that sort of thing.

Just in case, do any of those products damage alloys or the chrome trims on them? I think probably not but I'm taking no chances.

I looked up your original post but then the mods moved it and you'll not be where they've moved it to.

Unquote

I will not name who this message is from but if they want to volunteer then fair enough.....

So to the point....

Yes the thread was detailing related.. So why not copy it to the detailing section and leave the post here well alone ? I did after all post it for my friends here ....

I fully understand why we have moderators.. But Forums are here to post information helpfull or useless.. The moving which in effect confuses us or deletion of posts will not encourage us.. Well to me post Moderation should make steps to encourage us as a a whole to post.. If we don't post advertisers wont advertise...

There I feel better now.........

• Like 2

Don't know when topic was moved or by whom. Have edited title - now 'Rav4 wheels - sealant wax', and now back in Rav4 club

• Like 1

I don't know either. Would the mod doing these moves please leave them alone.

I don't go elswhere and I don't see the need to keep interfering.

• Like 1

...........and there's my wee post on Sonax Detailer, moved unannouncedfully, languishing in the detailing section, with not one augmentation or question arising. Let's just leave it there, and take it as Red.........LOL.

• Like 1

The stuff looks like watered down phlegm (Eugh!) to me Kev, but it does work well.

Aw FFS........FLUFFY BUNNIES over and over in ma heid, min........

...........and there's my wee post on Sonax Detailer, moved unannouncedfully, languishing in the detailing section, with not one augmentation or question arising. Let's just leave it there, and take it as Red.........LOL.

Yes that was annoying - took me ages to find it again!

The great thing about the RAV forum is that people reply to questions about all kinds of things! And going off topic does make for interesting reading - even if it is about consumption of pies!

David

Thank goodness for that,i did find the post in the detailing section along with BKs but like others mainly use the Rav forum to post.

Does this mean now that none of our so called none related Rav posts will be moved again??

I will definately be doing this when i get to clean the Rav next along with what i received from BK :thumbsup:

And going off topic does make for interesting reading - even if it is about consumption of pies!

Oi !!!! Thats my job :eat:

Pie Face :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

I will definately be doing this when i get to clean the Rav next along with what i received from BK :thumbsup:

What Burger King supply Rav Cleaning gear now? - I must have missed that.

Gus

"Does this mean now that none of our so called none related Rav posts will be moved again??"

No. Think it depends what the topic is, how it is titled, etc. For example, if a new topic is clearly for an accessory or similar that someone is looking for, then the best home for that would be the Wanted section.

Well I would miss it if it were a RAV accessory even if I had one because I simply don't look.

If somebody who goes on every section wants a moderators job they can have it if me being solely in the RAV section isn't good enough.

I don't do facebook, twitter or any of these other fangled things and I only go on the other sections if I specifically need to.

So there!

No one has intimated that if you just wish to use the Rav forum that would not be good enough. I don't go on every section, because some sections have no interest for me, and I think Facebook/Twitter are pointless - but others don't. Each to their own.

The example I gave was just that, an example.

Conversely what is the point of having sections like For Sale and Wanted if they're not going to be used for items which are either for sale or wanted.

Not having a go at you, just saying if I had a RAV part for sale I would rather try it here than in the for sale section. I once sold a camera in there and met some nice Corolla owners too. That is they were nice not the Corollas. Their Corrollas might have been very nice but they personally were.......

I also like to go off topic at will.

Not having a go at you, just saying if I had a RAV part for sale I would rather try it here than in the for sale section. I once sold a camera in there and met some nice Corolla owners too. That is they were nice not the Corollas. Their Corrollas might have been very nice but they personally were.......

I also like to go off topic at will.

Who's Will? Where does he hang oot (or to modify it for oor non-Scottish colleagues, where does he stay rather than what may be his physical attributes?)?

As far as shifting posts, we sell many thousands of posts, so we will try putting them on sale in the For Sale section. Why its called the For Sale section, when it contains things that are on sale is beyond the realms of this post, which we happen to sell many thousands of. Mind you, they are really for buying as they are not on any sale with a reduced price like wot the shops have sales all the time. If I wanted to sell wan o ma RAVs, it would be my way of telling fawlk that ahm noo blind, which maybe should be in the Genral section, but if ah wis blind, how wid ah ken whaur ah pit the post, of which we have many thousands to sell..... :P

• Like 1

What Burger King supply Rav Cleaning gear now? - I must have missed that.

Gus

Aye Gust,i now have a good supply of various small sachets with a wet cloth inside,which i think would be for cleaning,some very nice paper/cloths like napkins,which i should think would be for drying off,a good supply of little wooden/plastic pronged things like forks which i presume would be used for getting those hard bits of mud off,and some little sachets of various colours for touching up scratches i should think,at the moment i have a red,brown,a nice yellow,and a white. :D

I don't mind my posts being moved where it is felt appropriate, but it's only courtesy to inform the OP (PM is easy!) and flag up the move on the original Club site. Anything else is just less than polite.

Chris

• Like 1

The very point I made when I finally traced my postment. Now flogged to death, I genuinely think it MAY have been doned with the best of inventions.........

I don't mind my posts being moved where it is felt appropriate, but it's only courtesy to inform the OP (PM is easy!) and flag up the move on the original Club site. Anything else is just less than polite.

Chris

&

I say! Spiffing post, Old Chap. It's not cricket when these mod rotters simply relocate one's outpourings.

Chris

&

I say! Spiffing post, Old Chap. It's not cricket when these mod rotters simply relocate one's outpourings.

Wizard....!!! Concurment intimated, indubitably whit.....?

Chris

&

What ho, Chaps! The bally reply screen seems to have developed a fit of the vapours. It's no longer kosher. Is it just me or any of you coves suffering the new-fangled beggar??

Chris

&

What ho, Chaps! The bally reply screen seems to have developed a fit of the vapours. It's no longer kosher. Is it just me or any of you coves suffering the new-fangled beggar??

Looks okay now but I did have a problem with an earlier reply!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links