Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tourer T4 2010 Inner Tie Rods...759 Euro+! Help.

Madtom78

Hi. My avensis 2010 T4 tourer is out of warranty form toyota but under independent warranty, non toyota. Its a UK import. My Garage guy says the inner tie rods are gone and need replacing. He has found out that both here, Ireland, and the UK the inner tie rods are "Unavailable for that car"! and the only Toyota Parts solution is a steering column with inner tie rods kit at 759 euro plus VAT/Tax! the garage where I bought it will cover the rods but not at that price and want to find another way around it. I rang toyota parts myself and was quoted this same story myself.

Anyone else experienced this? Why will toyota not sell what clearly is a wearable part? well not at 759E.Why would they want the steering column replaced too? could they change this policy in the furture? id there really another solution open to me. I have googled this and found no answers yet

Any help greatly appreciated.

regards.

Looks like this may be the garage guy I bought my car off looking for a solution.

Any one have any ideas as I just want a headache free car.

both, I'd advise anyone with the issue (including the dealer) to voice their concerns with Toyota HQ.

Knocking or rattling over rough ground. Especially when I drive over my cattle grip/cattle trap on the drive up to my

house.

Sounds exactly like mine. Have you tried euro car parts? Or a jap part supplier such as blueprint.

This really isn't good.

I am not doing to much looking into it as it's up to my independent garage to sort out. I have enough headaches and pressure to deal with as I am. Purely IMO toyota will have to start supplying them as rods. I believe that up to now most if not all would have been done by Toyota under warranty and it will be from now on the the private repairs are starting to be done. Thus and hopefully they will give in and supply the rods. I just got rid of a very troublesome Germany car and now within 3mts of ownership I have this. Not what I want I can tell you.

Not good Tom. I to came from a german based car.

Difficult if parts are not available, I am not shelling out for a new rack.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links