Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Upgrade

Georgie71

Hy everyone! I'm about to buy an other avensis. I own a 60 plate 1.8 TR but unfortunately he is now a cat C write off due a non fault accident:( so im on the chase for an other one. What would be your advices., about what to watch out for when I choose the car? Also I would prefer to get the 2.0 d4d 60 or onwards estate and the T4 version as I'm a Taxi driver so I need to save on fuel average miles/year abot 45K. is there any common fault. or forget it and stick to the petrol? Thanks!

if you can afford it look at getting the facelift version (~Dec. 2011 on) - the revised 2.0D4D is supposedly 15% more fuel efficient than it's precursor & because of that RFL drops to £30.

If you are doing 40,000 miles per year that should save you about £800 per year.

There are also plenty of other improvements to the facelift.

Thanks Gents. Heidfirst, I found one today its an 11 plate one is that has these "modifications" what You said or I have to go higher? :Jumpy:

Pretty sure that an 11 will be the original T27. It's just about possible that there may be some 61 plates but there are definitely 12 plate facelifts (easy way to tell is look at the headlights & front grilles). There are however also more than a few original T27s on 12 plates so check, check & then check again (I called a dealer up about a car this week - on the phone "definitely a facelift", asked for photos which he promised - & then called me back to say that when he went out to take them it wasn't ... Saved me a 140 mile wasted journey).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links