Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dpf Life (D-Cat)

blackcts

Does anyone know how long a DPF should last on a D4D engine?

I have just been on a website that said 75,000 miles, but this seems very low - i was always under the impression that they would last the life of the car if maintained.

How long is a piece of string? :lol:

Yes it should last the life of the car if maintained correctly, correct oils, used on A roads instead of pottering around etc etc, but like most things in life, it is no guarentee, Toyota are very good DPF's in the scheme of things, try checking the German marque forums to find out their issues,

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

My car would be used for pottering about during the week but gets a good long high rev blast up the motorway every weekend - 50 mile round trip at 2,500 - to 3,000 rpm in 4th gear on cruise - shouldn't this keep the dpf happy?

I'm confused though why do the D-CAT models not have a dpf light like most other makes - at least you could intervene before damage could be done

• Like 1

"I'm confused though why do the D-CAT models not have a dpf light like most other makes - at least you could intervene before damage could be done"

Good point !

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links