Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dashboard Clock!

Auris Girl 08

Hi All

I know this may be a simple question, but what can i do to get around not having a clock in my car which is visible to my passengers. I dont want to do anything to ruin my interior.. or is there something that toyota could factory fit??

If i got a £1 for each time someone asked me "have you got a clock in here??", id be filthy rich....

• 2 months later...

Strange then that the new Auris has just corrected this anomaly, as it has an old fashion 80's style, easy to read digital clock in the middle of dash. A lot of reviewers hate it, but i think it is brilliant. I am fed up with the clock hidden either on the radio panel, or within the speedo cluster.

Nice one Toyota!

• Like 1

Haha agreed I love the ridiculousness of the 1980s digital watch face on the dash :D

It's the first thing any new passenger points out; usually taking the mick but still...

• Like 1

Timbooo - is your 2013 Auris the previous or latest model? Reason I ask is that I have the current Auris Auto (CVT) and it is only available in 1.6 Petrol or 1.8 petrol Hybrid. I did not think that Toyota fitted the MMT (Multi Mode Transmission) box you mention to a diesel?

We also have an Aygo fiited with the MMT and as you say, it does take some getting used to, but once you have mastered it, it's great - far better than other automated manuals we have owned.

Just curious you understand.

It's the latest model. I'm in Turkey (Ankara). I guess maybe Toyota dumped a load of their old gearboxes on a market that no-one cares about, since they have discontinued MMT as far as I'm aware.

Also, automatics are very popular over here. Judging by the standard of driving I have to assume trying to operate a manual gearbox at the same time as turning a steering wheel is far too much for most people ;)

So yes, I have a 2013 new shape 1.4 D4D MMT; a car which is assembled in the UK but not sold there.

We have the choice of petrol manuals and CVTs, or diesel manual and MMTs. Hybrid only available in the Yaris (who knows why). Aygo / iQ not available at all. Corollas everywhere (made here), only outnumbered by Hyundai Accents. The new mega battle is Auris vs. i30 (nearly got one myself... occasionally rue not doing so... good looking car... 7 year warranty!!).

• Like 1

According to the UK Auris brochure, there is no automatic option for the 1.4 diesel in the UK. Just makes me wonder whether, as automatics are popular in Turkey, Toyota have continued with the MMT there as a stop gap until the Auris receives the BMW diesel engine as per the Verso. It would make sense then to engineer the replacement diesel for an automatic gearbox - presumably the CVT.

Incidentally the Hyundai Turkey website shows their warranty as being 5 years/100,000km - which is different to the UK, where it is 5 years/unlimited mileage.

None of the warranties are as good here. 'Consumer rights' has a much quieter voice. The Toyota standard is only 3 years and 100k km, we paid extra to upgrade to 5 years (which them becomes unlimited mileage.. err.. kilometerage). Generally if the UK has a stipulation in miles, they just take the same number and put kilometres. So the service intervals are stupidly short (more money for those entirely necessary air filters and brake fluid changes, sharks).

In the Hyundai garage they were definitely schlepping a 7 year as standard, perhaps it was a promotion.

I was a bit annoyed about the news of spanky new engines arriving soon, but tbh I can't complain much about the current one. The mpg is way off what it was 'supposed' to be, but we do so much horrible bumper to bumper city driving. Stop/start would have been nice, available on the VAG cars (A3, Golf, Leon) and maybe even the Hyundai (I forget) but Toyota apparently couldn't figure it out.

Anyway it pootles along pretty well and it's got a fair bit of poke if you push your foot down. The MMT took a long time to get used to, roll back on a hill with no clutch pedal, just praying the robot will put you in gear, is a bizarre sensation and the manual hill hold, while useful in preventing high blood pressure, seems like a pretty crappy afterthought (since everyone else managed to do it automatically). But Toyotas hold their value extremely well over here. And they (the old ones at least) seem to go on and on.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links