Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can You Identify This ?

SMW

Can anyone help identify an engine (1G FE) component for me please ?

It is obviously some form of one way valve or bleed control but I’m not sure exactly what it serves ? If you can’t make it out on the photo the engraving on top of the plastic threaded head is ‘H’ (for hot / hydraulic?)

It also has an observation window but again I can’t make out why you need this.

It’s located just to the right of the grill close behind the near near side headlight.

Pic below. Ta.

DSC01585.sized.jpg

looks awful like the air conditioning sight glass and the discharge or filler valve for the refrigerant.

yep aircon

should be anohter one aswell somewhere that has 'L' written on it........i think

Right, here's the awenser you are looking for. I suspose this is one of the perks of working for a toyota main dealer

Yes, it is air con. the is the high point valve. when you re-vac or discharge air con gas, there are 2 pipes to connect. there should be a 'L' valve also, but nowhere near the 'H' one

'H' is the high point

'L' is the low point

they are different sises so you cannot get them wrong.

WARNING!!! Do not attempt to play with air con. if you see a leak or it doesn't work, either take it to a main dealer or a air con specialst. you could basically die if you mess about with air con

Yes, it is a sight glass. if your air con doesn't work properly. have a look with the engine running, if you see bubbles, you have a leak somewhere

I suspose this is one of the perks of working for a toyota main dealer

Great - thanks for all your replies.

On another point - is it cheaper to get a Lexus serviced at a Toyota dealer rather than by Lexus ?

We are a Toyota/Lexus main dealer. Toyota is 'Toyota World Bristol Central'

and Lexus is 'Lexus Bristol' we are on the same site. two different buildings but we share the workshop.

If you were going to get the Lexus serviced by us, the serv. advisors would send you to lexus.

Lexus is I think £80 an hour (I THINK!!!) and Toyota is £65. as long as you don't mind a toyota stamp in you book, I don't see a problem.

They are all the same anyway, just badged different

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links