Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Am Coming Back Into The Fold!

Seth1

I have been away for a few years...had a Rav4...big dissapointment...

Anyway, I am test driving the Aventhis 2012 1.8 Automatic.....I have already tried one and was impressed....going for the petrol as I will be doing less milage as I go into semi retirement!...I am a big beliver in the fact that Diesels dont suit lower mileage trips..so petrol it is.....

Any 1.8 V-Matic CVT members out there that can offer advice ?

Steve...

• Like 1

Welcome back Steve beautiful car I love mine but it has no handbreak lever which I miss terribly good luck with the new car. :drunk:

Welcome back Steve beautiful car I love mine but it has no handbreak lever which I miss terribly good luck with the new car. :drunk:

Yes I know what you are on about...my current car has one....just something more to go wrong...thats the way I view it...

Is yours the Auto...if so how have you found it ?

I've recently bought a 12 plate 1.8 valvematic auto saloon. Fuel economy around 43mpg driving fairly light-footed and on mainly quietish A-roads (onboard computer shows 45-47). I'd say driving a little harder or with a bit more town driving high 30's should be easy to achieve. Car pulls well and gearbox is seamless. It can be a bit high revving at times but on the other hand that's probably why there's always plenty oomph on tap. The CVT box is a bit different to a torque convertor auto..it doesn't "shift up" as easy by lifting your foot a bit, but it doesn't take long to learn to leave it alone to do it's own thing, which it does very well.

The TR is fairly well specced with nice alloys, front fogs, cruise, sat nav, auto wipers and lights, climate control, bluetooth phone and music streaming (but not voice dialling), ipod control from the touch screen, reversing camera etc. Hell you even get a spare wheel (ok it's a space saver, but at least you get one). The button for the electronic parking brake takes a day or two to get used to, but I only use mine if parking on a hill anyway. A handy hint if you're buying one...get the dealer to turn the volume of the "key in ignition reminder" to "low", and the beeps for it to "slow" - try it with the standard settings for yourself on your test drive and see how annoying it is.

" Hell you even get a spare wheel (ok it's a space saver, but at least you get one)."

That may have changed - was in a dealer today & their showroom TR Tourer had a puncture repair kit rather than a space saver.

" Hell you even get a spare wheel (ok it's a space saver, but at least you get one)."

That may have changed - was in a dealer today & their showroom TR Tourer had a puncture repair kit rather than a space saver.

Thanks guys I will check the boot ans see whats in....

Yes I know what you are on about...my current car has one....just something more to go wrong...thats the way I view it...

Is yours the Auto...if so how have you found it ?

No Seth mine is manual one only auto at take off :)

picked up my early 2012 2.2 T-Spirit - no space saver, just a can of puncture repair.

I wonder if they made the change at the changeover to the facelift?

picked up my early 2012 2.2 T-Spirit - no space saver, just a can of puncture repair.

I wonder if they made the change at the changeover to the facelift?

Maybe you only get a spare wheel with the saloon? Mine is a 12 plate facelift saloon and has a spare.

edit...I just checked my May 2012 sales brochure. Spare tyre is "standard" on all spec levels, but there's a wee circle against the T spirit, and at the bottom it says that wee circle = excluding 2.2 diesel tourer. Then, under the category "tyre repair kit", it's "not available" under all specs except two wee stars for the T spirit, and two wee stars = 2.2 diesel tourer only. It looks like you've chosen the only model that comes without one. Maybe you could pick one up on eBay cheap, assuming there's space for it?

there is space for it.

However, the Tourer in the showroom (actually an Icon but they no longer Badge trim levels so I was thinking TR which is what Icon replaced) also didn't have a spare but a repair kit so it would appear that they have changed it at some time.

there is space for it.

However, the Tourer in the showroom (actually an Icon but they no longer badge trim levels so I was thinking TR which is what Icon replaced) also didn't have a spare but a repair kit so it would appear that they have changed it at some time.

ok...done the deal pick it up next Friday. ...2012 white estate 1.8 valvematic auto...10k miles...yes does have a spare.....cant wait....

Have you remembered my hint about getting the dealer to quieten down the "key in ignition" buzzer? It's really annoying at factory setting.

was sitting last night reading the manual for my "new to me" T27 - you've got to wonder when the manual tells you to leave it in gear, chock the wheels & also not to use the parking brake in freezing conditions as it may freeze on & not release ... :chair:

I always leave it in gear Scott with the handbrake off in winter❄☔ I've had a handbrake frozen on b4 now!⛄

what's interesting is that that post was meant to go into the Automatic Handbrake thread, I have no idea how it got here ... :huh:

Perhaps a Moderator could kindly move it there?

Have you remembered my hint about getting the dealer to quieten down the "key in ignition" buzzer? It's really annoying at factory setting.

Alan (oh Sugar...pardon the pun!) - no I didnt.....will phone them...

Cheers!

Do you know - I asked about some free mats and they as good as said no...but I did get a better deal than I tought I would...

By the way how easy is it to learn about the reversing camera...as in how near you are to objects...( hope its not a stupid question ) :flowers:

Do you know - I asked about some free mats and they as good as said no...but I did get a better deal than I tought I would...

By the way how easy is it to learn about the reversing camera...as in how near you are to objects...( hope its not a stupid question ) :flowers:

When using the camera reversing up to a kerb wait until the kerb is level with the bumper and you will be flush with it, warning yes warning when reversing up to a solid object wall etc stop when it looks like its about eight inchs away in the camera you will be close enough the last eight close very fast :( . trial and error

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links