Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Roof Bars And Box

AYGOSTU

Hello people,

In preparation for my annual trip to Europe Christmas markets (this year Brussels) I have decided to buy a roof box.

Last year I went to cologne Germany with my wife, and it was super, we brought back lots of treats and duty free wine ! however this year i will be taking two other people (4 adults) and with two small weekend bags in the boot and the E.U breakdown kit there will not be much room for a lot else !

Today I have ordered the official Toyota Roof bars from my local dealer, and a 320 ltr Odyssey roof box from eBay.

Once I have the bits installed I will post a pic for all to see.

Stu

Current mileage 100k miles

My friend Mikey and I were debating that on the 18th (ish) will there be anything about at that time? Any tips for driving abroad?

there will be lots about on the 18th (dec), take a look at this site... http://visitbrussels.be/bitc/BE_en/minisite_winterwonders.do its from the 29th Nov..

Personally I find Europeans road etiquette on the motorways much better than the UK.. so i find the driving is really enjoyable and progress can be made quickly on the long roads.

I would advise you have all the legal bits in the car, and an update sat nav with European maps, obviously sat nav vs old school map is personal preference, i just find it a lot easier. I also have a decent E.U map as a fail safe.

Tips for driving abroad...

*Dont get distracted by the speed you are travelling compared with others. The aygo has a kmph inside the mph as you have probably seen, so its easy to know what speed you are doing.. and if you need to slow down / speed up.

*Make sure your mirrors are set up properly before you go.. you will need to see as much as you can in blind spots, especially as being on an unfamiliar side of the road.

*Being on the wrong side of the car hang back a bit from the cars in front, this will give you a better view ahead, and safer overtaking if needed.

*Dont run your tank to low on fuel... in the u.k I have had up to 450 miles from a tank, when abroad I will fill up way before that, on my last trip to Germany it was 90 miles between petrol stations at one point, i don't think it would be fun getting caught out abroad ! .. its a perfect chance for a rest / coffee / food & pee & buy some stuff.... just look at your journey on google maps before hand and plan rough times / miles that you will stop.

*if you have a passenger ask them to be more of a spotter than just sitting there watching the world go by.. I always do this when abroad, 4 eyes are better than two.. and they may notice the odd thing that you dont,

*lock your doors when traveling. (read into that as much as you like, just what I do)

*keep some wet wipes in the car to clean your headlights.. unfamiliar foreign roads are not the place for reduced visibility.

*Finally Enjoy yourself and dont be 'worried' .. if you mess up or get lost its all part of the fun and experience stay safe rather than sorry.

I hope this helps.. It is only my opinion, and obviously some people may disagree. But enjoy your trip and aygo :)

Roof Bars fitted. Picture will follow with box attached this weekend.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links