Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Generator Belt Snapped Last Night.

BALIKBAYAN

It was ages ago I was here at the forum.

Last night when I was on my way home from town the drive belt for the generator, water pump and air condition snapped. I know that one should stop as soon as possible when that happens, but I drove the car back home anyway. It was not any good idea to walk >10 km in light rain with the guitars and stuff. When I had about 5 km more to drive the temp guage was above max. I drove a detour from the motorway to lower the speed and to get more oppurtunities to park the car for the night. The temperature got down when I drove slower. I hope the engine didn't get any damage.

I knew the belt was bad and I had planned to change it when I will do the service wich will happen within 2 weeks, but I had not bought it yet, I had to use the bike to work today and on my way home I stopped at our local Toyota dealer. They actually gave me 10% discount on the new belt!!! It is not often I am pleased with their reltion with the customer,but this was good.

It was not much space to get the belt on the sprockets, but it is there now and the car seems to work fine again. I will see with a few days if I loose some coolant. If I do I know that the high temperature last night was no good for the engine.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links