Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need To Replace Both Rear Tyres?

juliee202

Hi there

Our 2000 Rav has a defective rear winter tyre. The tread is good on all four but one rear has developed a fault and needs to be replaced. Do we really need to replace both of the back tyres?

Thanks

Julie

In one word 'No'. However, if at all possible replace the defective tyre with one of the same brand and tread pattern.

Thanks for the fast response. I'm not sure that we'll get the same brand as current tyres were bought in the UK and we're in Italy at the moment but will see what we can do. Thanks!

Our Rav has nonstandard wheel sizes and the spare is much narrower so just for temporary use.

Thanks

Julie

Our Rav has nonstandard wheel sizes and the spare is much narrower so just for temporary use.

Thanks

Julie

That statement kinda worries me, Joolz....... "Non standard wheel sizes".......wassat mean? Did we all not read a recent post where That Italy did not have legislation dictating mandatory winter tyres? But different sizes.....? That is a different variable.....

Sorry, I didn't explain that bit clearly enough, our Rav was an import. It has wider wheels than most Rav4s , the spare is much narrower.

I don't think that snow tyres are mandatory (just snow chains to be carried) but my boyfriend is a mountain guide so spends a lot of time in snowy conditions hence the winter tyres all the time!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links