Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Rear Brake Caliper

Uncle Buck

Was disappointed to find my 2008 Auris SR180 needed a new rear brake caliper this week, as the old one had more or less seized. I found out by an increase in fuel consumption & a rather warm wheel ......

I thought it would be okay with a simple seal repair kit & clean out, but no the caliper was truly knackered. Very poor in my opinion for a relatively young car with average mls & a full service history. Searching online revealed 2 alternatives - Toyota or Bosch. The German option was on eBay at £110 + P&P, Toyota's own considerably more.

The job's done now & the car back to health, with the added bonus of now feeling more sprightly. Luckily neither the disc nor pad were in need of replacement :)

Funny, mine past the MOT this weekend but the service engineer did say I will need a new rear caliper next time round...

• 2 weeks later...

i have just replaced mine on both sides , sr 180 58 plate but only 35k miles was really suprised , now been told one of the rear handbrake cables is going cost £65 each

any thoughts , advice i decided to replace the discs and pads but was shocked with this now

Hi All

I have a 2008 Auris 2 Ltr Diesel, The rear discs need replacing is there any pictures or diagrams on how this is done. I am unable to find any manuals for the Auris.

Thanks

i have just replaced mine on both sides , sr 180 58 plate but only 35k miles was really suprised , now been told one of the rear handbrake cables is going cost £65 each

any thoughts , advice i decided to replace the discs and pads but was shocked with this now

£65 just for a handbrake cable ? Yee-ouch ! It's probably stretched beyond the adjustment limit.

Hi All

I have a 2008 Auris 2 Ltr Diesel, The rear discs need replacing is there any pictures or diagrams on how this is done. I am unable to find any manuals for the Auris.

Thanks

Hy Andy, and welcome to the TOC.

Here is shown how rear discs and calipers can be removed.

http://toyota-corolla.ru/rm04f1ru/repair2/html/frame_rm000001e9f006x.html

A bit off topic but I have had many cars over the years and never had to replace discs let alone the calipers.

Have seen other posts regarding brake problems and wonder if this is a problem with Toyota?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links