Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Suspension Upgrade?

Beags

Im generally very pleased with my SR180...The suspension is a little odd though. Round corners and bends the lowered suspension works well, however on wallowy undulating roads its not taught enough. Ride is great though....

Has anyone got any information on suspension upgrades. One thing I wouldnt want to do is lower the car anymore from the standard...Ive scuffed the front spoiler too many times already!

Toyota have taken the significant step of swapping the torsion beam rear suspension on the standard models with a more advanced double wishbone multilink setup.

Multilink suspension is bulkier and more expensive but it offers greater handling finesse and feel to the driver.

In combination with tauter springs, larger brakes and retuned steering, the suspension brings a new level of driving enjoyment.

Simple - I fitted a set of Eibach's Pro-kit springs & they reduce the body roll whilst still offering a great ride. Interestingly, Toyota's own Motorsport springs are made by Eibach anyway ! They only lower the car by 10mm max, so no dramas there either :)

• 2 weeks later...

The SR180 has the multi link suspension Raistlin....this was one of the upgrades Toyota made with the SR180 over the T180. Might look at those Eibachs...but very worried about ground clearance already. Too many speed bumps and high curbs here in London.!

My t180 has double wishbone suspension just like the sr180. The sr180 is lower than the t180 as standard though

Guru...you mean 10mm lower than the already lowered SR180 suspension???

For the ultimate upgrade look at kw or bc coilovers! Not cheap, may reduce ride quality too though. But as you say ground clearance! Unsure if the coilovers would be able to maintain the same ride height.

Guru...you mean 10mm lower than the already lowered SR180 suspension???

Yes, that was my finding anyway - to be fair you can barely tell w/out measuring !

Also, with BC coilovers you can maintain the stock ride height or lower significantly.

Uncle Buck, with the Eibach springs, did it make a difference to the steering at all? (heavier? lighter? more direct? etc..)

Uncle Buck, with the eibach springs, did it make a difference to the steering at all? (heavier? lighter? more direct? etc..)

Slightly heavier Phil, but not by much. I find the steering to be pretty direct so no issues at all with the Eibach kit.

thanks - i've already got the Toyota Motorsport Springs on my T180 which has lowered my car which I bought from Kingo.. these are also made by Eibach. I want a firmer setup though, so much body roll!

hmmm i wonder if these springs I have are the 'standard' SR180 springs since the SR180 is lower than the T180?

They probably are the standard-fit SR180 Toyota Motorsport springs which mine came with - if so they should be black. The Eibach Pro-kit springs are in in red, but you don't really notice them unless the wheels are off. Ideally I'd love to have the BC coilovers, which are excellent value for ride height & damping adjustment.

sounds like i have the standard sr180 springs, yes they're black.

i don't know whether to go for the Eibach ones you have, or the kw v1's. A very big price difference!

You can always go for BC Racing instead of KW. Should be good set and cheaper too!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links