Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alternator Failure Urgent Help Please

Matthew7

Dear all,

I hope someone can help please!!.

I had a fortnight ago an engine re-build by Toyota for free under their goodwill extended warranty following a blown headgasket. The car has been doing fine until today, out of the blue, a warning flashlight appeared reading "check battery", with couple of two other lights of Battery and water in petrol!. I called the AA, who did on the spot diagnostic and advised that the alternator was not charging the Battery. When I mentioned the history of the engine rebuild, the AA guy was pretty sure that the alternator failure is connected to this, due to possibly loose connection.

The AA patrolled me to the same Toyota dealer, who after some diagnostics advised me that the alternator is not working and the failure is not connected to the engine rebuild. They quoted me £690 to do the job. I had to accept as I need the car before Christmas.

Could you please help out if there is anything I could challenge Toyota with to make a link between the engine rebuild and the alternator failure?

I had an engine replacement in august and my alternator failed two weeks ago. Same warning lights. Mine hadn't fully failed it was still charging but making a smell and a noise.

I have an extended toyota warranty so I was covered.

I can't see how the engine rebuild has damaged the alternator to be honest. Only way to find out would be to get an independent inspection.

Have you approached toyota to see if they will contribute to the repair?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links