Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where's The Wheel Brace?

DAF XF

Hi folks - I've recently purchased a 126 sr 08 auris. I have a space saver wheel and have discovered the jack is hidden behind the panel on the drivers side in the boot.

But I can't find a wheel brace... Am I looking past it? I have a telescopic brace but unfortunately none of the two sockets fit the nuts of the 17 inch wheels otherwise I wouldn't worry too much.

Any help much appreciated!

My wheel brace and towing eye came in a leather pouch, which was in the space saver wheel well. I didn't buy the car new however and my T180 comes with the tyre repair kit as standard - I guess my space saver was purchased as an extra.

• Like 1

With the space saver spare, the wheel brace should be in a tool bag located in the spare wheel well beneath the space saver (usually to the right of the spare wheel). Unless it has been removed from the car of course !

• Like 1

Yeah spot on - a slightly damp leather pouch that looks a bit mouldy was found under the wheel. I'd been looking for water entry previously as I saw it was a common problem so hoping it was just used and set in and never got dried!

Yeah am really unhappy about the location of the pouch as it just sits in no mans land why can't it have a placement that was designed for it, it looks so unsightly and if not quite got right intrudes in to the boot carpet.

Neither of the tool bags in my Auris (2009 and 2012 models) affected how the boot carpet sits - so perhaps you need to re-position yours.

I have the pouch, tyre compressor, spare bulbs and a torque wrench all in the space saver wheel well... all with no problems either!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links