Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 Aygo Mmt After Accident

mOSkit

Hello everybody

I just bought an 2012 Aygo that had an accident. The engine starts with no faults etc.Problem is with the gearbox.

The gearbox don`t react on the gear stick and display did not show actual selection it`s just blank. i mean i can see fuel and odometer but nothing else.I already tried main dealer in maidenhead but they must to be not interested in during it as they said they cannot connect and i have to order new wire loom to start with.

I have checked every relay, every fuse, and most of the wires.

Does any one had something like this before?

also on the photo you can see a relay. it does have a ford logo on it and when it`s disconnected, transmission fault pops on the odometer.

Thanks for any advice

post-137149-0-95301500-1389370860_thumb.

post-137149-0-51687000-1389370867_thumb.

Hello Chrstoph - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Was the car a write off, and if so what category write off was it?

Presumably the Toyota dealer wasn't interested because it is a write off.

Sounds as though whatever repairs have been undertaken on the car, may not have been particularly effective.

Interesting article here - http://www.rac.co.uk/community/blog/rac-blog/july-2013/what-is-a-category-d-car-insurance-write-off/

A Cat D is where the total repair cost of the damage is beyond economic repair for the insurance company. So the car would have been written off, and sold on as damaged/repairable. It should have been through a DVLA Vehicle Identity Check (ViC) before being sold to you, but this only verifies the car's identity, it doesn't look at the repaired car's roadworthiness or repairs.

If you bought it from a dealer, I would go back to them and explain the issues, and seek a repair.. You may also be covered by the Sale of Goods Act

Bought this car on the auction unfortunately cost peanuts so i thought i have a go as i`m not a dumpiest guy on earth:)

i`m just not so sure if the mmt ecu is blown/ main ecu cut mmt ecu off during the accident, or someone tried to fixit before.

So if any one knows which pins on 2012 ecu are responsible for power supply than please share.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links